(References to Capella)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 38.08 Y: -173.43 [e]
- Star Type: G8III/F6III
- Position in System: 7
- Time to Jump Point: 6.19 days
- Number of Satellites: 1 (Nikos)
- Surface Gravity: 1.02
- Atmosphere Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Equatorial Temperature: 38° C (Warm-Temperate)
- Surface Water Coverage: 60%
- Recharging Station: Zenith, Nadir
- ComStar Facility Class: A
- Percentage and Level of Native Life: 10%, Plant
 Era Specific Data
- Planetary Diem: Lord Anurios Liao
- Com Star Representative: Precentor Ebrieth Tengwan
- Population: 5,375,000,000
- Noble Ruler: Duke Gregory Liao
- Population: 6,987,000,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels: A-A-B-A-D
- Noble Ruler: Duke Gregory Liao
- Population: 6,352,000,000
- Tech Level USIIR: A-A-B-A-D
 Planetary Garrison
 3025 to 3054 to 3063
 3063 to 3067
 3079 to 3085
- - In 3079 the Holdfast Guard is operating at 95% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the unit was at 15% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers
- Ceres Metals Industries
- Iona Light Shipyards
- Mujika Aerospace Technologies
- Rashpur-Owens Incorporated
 Owner History
- 2193 - Capellan Holdfast 
- 2194 - Capellan Republic 
- 2235 - Capellan Republic 
- 2270 - Capellan Hegemony 
- 2366 - Capellan Commonality 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3054 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3076 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
 Planetary History
 Early History
Settled by Justin Aris and his followers in 2193, Capella was first the seat of the Capellan Holdfast - a nation of just one planet - and then the centre of the Capellan Republic when Aris reinvented his realm after first contact with explorers from the nearby Sarna Supremacy. In parallel with the Republic, Capella became the centre of the Capellan Co-Prosperity Sphere, a mutual defence organization that grew and merged with the Republic to form the Capellan Hegemony in 2270. Accordingly, when the Terran Alliance commissioned the Grand Alliance Survey of Populated Worlds in 2235 it was noted that Capella didn't consider itself to be even nominally under the authority of the Terran Alliance.
Justin Aris deliberately concentrated on growing both the arts and the various libraries and centres of learning on Capella in the early 23rd century; drawing on his own classical heritage, he built Capella into a huge data clearing house, as well as a centre for learning, thinking and the arts. In an era when dozens of worlds were struggling with independence and actively suppressing independent thought and expression, Capella actively welcomed scholars and artists with open arms. Justin Aris and Capella revolutionised the local region, making information a valuable currency and increasing Capella's influence with the surrounding worlds and nations.
 The Capellan Hegemony
By the late 23rd century, Capella was recognised as being a "Teacher Of Worlds", the home of hundreds of the brightest minds of the day; this continuing growth in intellectual and artistic talent continued to boost the Capellan economy and with it commercial prosperity. Capella was soon a commercial hub to rival Chesterton or Sarna, and other worlds increasingly worked to develop goodwill from and good faith towards Capella, subtly shifting the flow of goods and barter away from older, more established worlds in favour of Capellan goods.
This came to a climax in 2270 when the ruling senate of Capella, the Capellan Agoropolis, declared to be a fact what was already a de facto truth in the region - the formation of the Capellan Hegemony, a new nation which included every inhabited world within twelve light years of Capella as well as all of the founding members of the Capellan Co-Prosperity Sphere. While this was well received by the Capellan people, it antagonised the nearby Sarna Supremacy, who implemented a full-scale economic blockade of the Hegemony. It also triggered an actively expansionist attitude from the Agoropolis and it's leader, Nicopolo Aris. In addition to acts of goodwill, such as the combined Capellan-Sian task force that freed Highspire from a pirate blockade, the Capellan Agoropolis also ordered brief conflicts with other states. These conflicts saw Capella attack both the St. Ives Mercantile League and the Ingersoll Concordium, annexing the Concordium almost immediately and securing economic dominance over several League worlds that became total annexation by 2292.
 The Capellan Confederation
Capella remained the capital world of the Capellan Commonality until the Commonality was disbanded by Franco Liao after his ascension to the throne of a new realm, the Capellan Confederation. Reynard Davion of the Federated Suns had responded to the turmoil within the Capellan Commonality by dispatching troops with the intention of occupying Capella under the guise of a peacekeeping force. Franco played for time, attempting to negotiate with the comamnder of the Federated Suns task force, while also assembling troops from the best of the forces available to the various member-nations of the Confederation.
When the 1st and 5th Victoria Lancers arrived as the vanguard of the Davion force, they found the streets of the planetary capital, Capella Prime, practically deserted and no sign of the Chancellor and his family. The remaining Federated Suns forces landed on the planet, only to have the mystery of the missing defenses solved the next day when a combined naval force assembled from the fleets of the former St. Ives Mercantile League, Sarna Supremacy and Duchy of Liao arrived in the system and summarily destroyed the various Federated Suns ships in the system. Franco ordered the Federated Suns forces to surrender unconditionally; the Davion forces refused, believing that there was no way the Chancellor would order an attack on his own capital city.
Two minutes after the deadline passed, Franco Liao ordered the orbital bombardment of Capella Prime. Two thousand Capellan civilians died in the bombardment, and three elite Federated Suns regiments, the 3rd Aragon Lancers, the Findas Motorized Infantry and the Illisen Commandos were annihilated. In one blow, Franco demonstrated his resolve and that of his nation; the Capellan capital was relocated to the world of Sian in the former Sian Commonwealth, and the triangular logo of the Confederation gained a new black border in memory of the sacrifice made by those Capellans who died in the bombardment. To date, the three Federated Suns regiments destroyed during the bombardment have never been rebuilt.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 143, "Planetary Guide"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Handbook: House Liao, p. 71, "Planetary Profile"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 13, "Capturing The Markets"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 59, "House Liao Key Worlds"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Objective Raids, p. 143, "Unit Note"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 32, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 8, "Capellan Hussars Regimental Status"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Field Manual: 3085, p. 32, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Handbook: House Liao, p.13, "Jordan Aris"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 9, "Liao And It's Neighbours"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 12
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 13, "Capturing The Markets"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 28, "A Tiger By The Tail"
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 28, "Hell On Capella Prime"
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids