- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Highspire neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||100.289 : -119.184[e]|
|Recharge time||180 hours|
- 1 Highspire
- 2 Highspire II
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 References
- 2.9 Bibliography
Planetary flag of Highspire
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||38°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Ruler|| Duchess Romano Liao (3028)|
Duchess Kali Liao (3067)
Highspire II - more commonly known simply as Highspire - is the second planet in the system and has a single moon named Peak.
One of a multitude of independent worlds within the Capellan Zone after the withdrawal of the Terran Alliance, Highspire was occupied by pirates during the late 2280s, who managed to subjugate the population until a combined force from the Capellan Hegemony and the Sian Supremacy co-operated to liberate the planet... unfortunately, provoking the nearby Sarna Supremacy as they did so.
Highspire went on to become one of a number of client states that joined the Capellan Hegemony in the 2280s and 2290s, and presented the Hegemony with a number of problems - the most significant of which was that Highspire bordered both the Sarna Supremacy and the Tikonov Grand Union, both of which took a dim view of having a Hegemony province so close to their own borders. As one of the Hegemony's border worlds, Highspire was subject to heavy attacks from Kluanian pirates in 2305, during the war between the Hegemony and the Sarna Supremacy. Hired by the Sarna Supremacy, the pirates inflicted heavy damage on a number of Capellan border worlds, forcing the Hegemony to constantly redeploy troops to defend it's worlds rather than continuing to stage attacks on Sarna.
At some point after the Hegemony/Supremacy war, Highspire became a part of the Chesterton Trade Federation, but by 2357 the Supremacy had absorbed the Trade Federation, including the world of Highspire. In July 2357 a large force from the Federated Peacekeeping Forces - the armed forces of the Federated Suns - landed on the former Chesterton world of Bell and claimed it in the name of the Federated Suns, with Prime Minister Reynard Davion also demanding that the Supremacy cede the worlds of Chesterton and Highspire to the Federated Suns. The Supremacy had no choice but to comply; however, while the Federated Suns easily occupied Chesterton, Highspire remained free.
Fourth Succession War
By the time of the Fourth Succession War, Highspire was a study in contrasts; mixing on the planet were some of the lowest elements of the Capellan underworld, including such elements as the largest single enclave Thuggee cultists, and some of the highest-ranking Capellan nobility, drawn by Highspire's connection to the Liao family.
Tasked with defending Highspire at the onset of the Fourth Succession War were the Northwind Highlanders, making Highspire a heavily defended border world; despite this, Highspire fell easily to the AFFS. The Northwind Highlanders had been persuaded to abandon their posts in exchange for being allowed to return to their traditional home planet, Northwind, depriving Highspire of most of it's seasoned defenders; this made it easy prey for the Bell Training Battalion.
The date of the AFFS occupation would be celebrated with solemn ceremonies by much of the population - particularly from the servitor caste - under the name of Liberation Day, commemorating the surrender of the planet to the Federated Suns.
Civil War Era
Following Highspire's reclamation by the Confederation from the Chaos March, Kali Liao had worked to gain the personal loyalty of the Thuggee cult on the world. The Thuggee zealots had pledged themselves to her service, and Kali would use the zealots and supplies of a deadly nerve agent to launch the Black May attacks within the St. Ives Compact in May 3062, claiming thousands of lives.
By the closing stages of the Civil War the resurgent Capellan nobility tended to confine themselves to the city of Crescent, an opulent, wealthy city located within the southern hemisphere of Highspire and close to the equator. This kept them away from the bulk of the population of Highspire; the heaviest population concentration is based around the Chu-li mountain range, a 900-kilometer long range of mountains also believed to be the location of a number of Thuggee base camps. Also associated with the Thuggee cells operating around the Chu-li mountain range are rumours of a large underground complex used by the Thuggee for rituals, possibly including sacrificial rites. Kali Liao also maintained a palace close to a fully-functioning starport located within the foothills of the Chu-li range.
At this point Highspire was known to be a major exporter of fine timber and woodcrafts across the Sian and Victoria Commonalities as well as the Federated Suns. While the Maskirovka was attempting to stamp out the export trade with the Federated Suns, a trade which had grown substantially during Highspire's thirty-year tenure in the Sarna March, the Maskirovka had managed to have very little effect on the illicit black market for timber exports, which was apparently booming at the time.
Rumours existed indicating that by the eve of the Jihad, the Chu-li mountain range had been the site of a significant amount of military construction work, possibly a part of the general military buildup within the Liao Commonality following the end of the war between the Confederation and the St. Ives Compact.
On the 25th of August 3071 a combined task force of Rabid Foxes and regular units from the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns launched a punitive raid on Highspire in retaliation for earlier attacks on Chesterton. The AFFS force was reportedly destroyed by two hybrid Thuggee-Manei Domini formations operating as "Warrior Houses".
Capellan Death Commandoes arrested Duchess Kali Liao on Highspire on the 30th of November 3073, transporting her back to Sian where in late December she was presented to Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao and formally charged with collaborating with the enemy and treason.
- 2288 - Independent world within the Capellan Zone 
- Ca. 2289-2299 - Capellan Hegemony 
- 2305 - Capellan Hegemony 
- Ca. 2309-2357 - Chesterton Trade Federation 
- 2357 - Sarna Supremacy (until July) 
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Highspire has a single continent named Chu-Li.
- Crescent: the planetary capital city.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|St. Andre||39.3||Anaea||41.1||Tecumseh||41.5||New Athens||41.9|
|Halloran V||50.3||Demeter||50.4||Chesterton||50.5||Ulan Batar||51.9|
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 75, "Highspire"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 13, "Highspire"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 13, "Capturing The Markets"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14, "Seeds of Destruction"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 24, "Friends And Other Enemies"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 46, "Romano Ascendant"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14-15, "The Capellan-Supremacy War"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 22, "Pushing Towards Confederation"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 27, "The War Leader"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 65, "Standing Firm"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 49, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 38, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 136, "Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation