- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Foochow neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||88.919 : -97.499[e]|
- 1 Foochow
- 2 Foochow IV
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Local Flora & Fauna
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Foochow system was colonized during the First Exodus from Terra in the late twenty-second century and was a member of the Sarna Supremacy prior to the formation of the Capellan Confederation.
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Li-Lung, Lung-Wang, Pan-Lung)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Low (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Xiao Ping Chen (Governor)|
Kathryn Eykemans (Planetary Legate)
Foochow IV - more commonly known simply as Foochow - is the fourth planet in the system and has three moons named Li-Lung, Lung-Wang and Pan-Lung.
Foochow was colonized in the late twenty-second century, having been discovered almost by accident. The colonists were escaping from China on Terra, and named Foochow after the capital of the Chinese province of Fujian. Having settled on Min-how, Foochow's only continent, the colonists spent the next fifty years fighting a combination of Dobars, native six-limbed carnivores the size of Terran black bears, and disease-bearing insects. By the time the population had managed to carve enough productive land from the jungles that were the predominant terrain feature of Foochow to expand, they had also managed to tame some of the Dobars.
The inhabitants of Foochow didn't create much by way of industry until minerals were discovered on the southwest coast of Min-how; the discovery led to the founding of industries producing electronics using these newly-located mineral reserves. The main export from Foochow continued to be seafood, however, with the bulk of the exports leaving Foochow via Vashura, the planetary capital and largest seaport.
Fourth Succession War
Thirty years after the Fourth Succession War Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao launched Operation GUERRERO in concert with the Free Worlds League and reclaimed a number of former Capellan worlds, including Foochow.
Foochow was initially undisturbed by the Jihad, until one of the Capellan Warrior Houses (Warrior House Dai Da Chi) jumped into the system. The Word of Blake responded by deploying a small mercenary unit to Foochow, only for the mercenaries to be intercepted during their high-speed burn towards Foochow. The Warrior House had hidden among Foochow's three moons, and having detected the mercenaries, launched an aerospace attack that completely destroyed them.
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3069 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
The climate on Foochow resembles a greenhouse and as a result, there are no polar ice caps. Foochow's single continent, Min-how, lies on the planetary equator, and was predominantly covered in jungles when first discovered.
- Redswan: the leading industrial city on Min-how
- Vashura: the planetary capital city on the eastern coast of Min-how
Local Flora & Fauna
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|New Aragon||21.5||Ashkum||23.3||St. Andre||23.5||Highspire||24.5|
|Halloran V||26.0||Valexa||27.1||New Macao||27.3||Demeter||28.0|
|Ulan Batar||44.2||Mesartim (Conway)||45.1||Goshen||45.8||Ningpo||46.3|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 98, "Foochow World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [31/12/3069]: "Blakists See Mixed Success, Failure on Capellan Front
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p.vii, "Inner Sphere" -  Map
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere-  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 86, "Other Actions"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [31/12/3069]: "Blakists See Mixed Success, Failure on Capellan Front"