(References to Styk)
Styk's neighboring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Dianthus, Pantheons)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Lady Samantha Boshirov (3025)|
Governor: Claire Lusebrink & Planetary Legate: Daria Heivilin (3130)
|Population|| 4,725,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Aldus McAbee)|
 Owner History
- Ca. 2177-2200 - Tikonov Union 
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3054 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Styk Commonality 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
 Planetary Geography
Four-fifths of the surface of the planet Styk is covered with various saltwater oceans; dotted around the surface are nine assorted continents of varying sizes. The team who discovered Styk gave their names to the various continents; the largest continent was named Burtnik, while the other cotninents were named Curulewski, Deyoung, Gowan, Panozzo South, Panozzo North, Shaw, Sucherman and Young.
 Planetary History
 Early History
Styk was colonised late in the twenty-second century and became a heavily industrialised world, closely linked to the nearby world of Gan Singh. Although Styk was evidently claimed by the Sarna Supremacy at various points both Styk and Gan Singh were worlds associated with the Tikonov Union and later the Tikonov Grand Union, and were incorporated into the later Capellan Confederation on that basis.
Styk grew in prominance over time, eventually becoming the second-largest trading and industrial center in the entire Capellan Confederation as well as home to the manufacturing company Tao MechWorks, once the third-largest BattleMech producer in the Confederation. All nine continents on Styk developed DropPorts, with one of the largest being located near the Tao MechWorks plant and the planetary capital, Lorelei. As was the case throughout the history of the two worlds, Styk produced the industrial output while Gan Singh supplied Styk's industrial base with the vast quantities of resources required.
 Succession Wars
Both Styk and Gan Singh were captured by the Federated Suns during the Fourth Succession War as a part of the hugely-successful invasion of the Confederation. Both worlds recovered from the damage inflicted during the war whilst under the governance of the new administrations put in place by the Federated Commonwealth government.
 Operation GUERRERO
Styk was one of the worlds abandoned during the invasion and subsequent fragmentation of the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth following the discovery of the death of the son of Captain-General Thomas Marik. Left to their own devices within the region that became known as the Chaos March, Styk and Gan Singh formed the Styk Commonality Defence Alliance - possibly an echo of an earlier proto-state named the Styk Commonality.
 The Jihad
In response to the recent raids and assaults on worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Blakists launched raiding parties against various worlds around the Protectorate border in early September 3076. Making use of weapons of mass destruction to augment the damage inflicted, the raiding parties - few of which were larger than a single Level III - struck at the worlds of Algorab, Alnasi, Amity, Bordon, Connaught, Hunan, Kessel, New Hessen, New Kyoto, Ronel, St. Andre, Styk, Tsitsang and Wei. Of the worlds hit, the Capellan Confederation worlds like Styk took the brunt of the fighting.
Styk was attacked by the Blakists in December 3067; the population of Styk put up a fierce defense of their world, but were unable to resist the chemical weapons used liberally by the Blakist forces. The defending forces were annihilated, and many of the major cities on Styk were also hit with chemical weapons; of all the cities, the planetary capital was the hardest-hit, with ninety percent of the total population of the capital killed during the attack. By the time Lorelei fell and Styk surrendered half of the population of the planet were dead, a stark symbol of the determination of the population to resist the Blakists - and of the Word of Blake's determination to take the planet.
By the end of December 3079 Styk was one of more than twenty planets to have suffered an outbreak of the Redburn Virus, and one of eight to suffer from an infection rate of more than 150 out of every 100,000 people, as well as a mortality rate of more than 30 per 100,000 from the virus.
The Tao 'Mechworks plant on Styk was nationalised by the Capellan government on the 1st of September 3080; the nationalisation was a punishment for acts of industrial espionage between various companies on Styk during the Jihad. As at April 3081 the Styk plant was in a perilous position; damaged by raiders employed by EarthWerks Incorporated in retaliation for the earlier Tao MechWorks raid, the Word of Blake raid in 3076 and another Blakist raid in 3080, the extent of the damage inflicted on the plant was such that another raid may well have resulted in it being completely destroyed. It was also suspected that in the immediate wake of the Jihad the CO of Ambermarle's Highlanders had resorted to pilfering from the Tao MechWorks shipments intended for supply to Marshigama's Legionnaires to make up for the Highlander's low priority for supplies within the Capellan military.
 The Dark Age
During the Dark Age Styk began to recover from the damage inflicted by the Blakists, but even half a century after the end of the Jihad estimates were still that the planet would take centuries to recover completely. Despite the devastation inflicted the luxury ocean liners that were one of Styk's well-kept secrets continued to sail the vast oceans covering the planet, traveling from port to port as they had done for centuries.
In 3133, a few months after the Blackout, the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces attempted to infiltrate onto Styk; the insertion force included a platoon of Leonidas battle armor and arrived by DropShip, but wasn't aware that the Republic of the Sphere forces on the planet had picked up and tracked the DropShip as it made landfall near the capital city, Lorelei. The Republic militia attacked the grounded troops aggressively, keeping in contact and preventing the Leonidas squads from being able to deploy effectively, leading to the swift destruction of the infiltrators.
 Local Fauna
 Planetary Garrison
- Third Donegal Guards
- Third Donegal Guards
- several smaller mercenary commands (total strength 2 battalions) 
- - At this point in time Ambermarle's Highlanders operating at 25% of full strength, with 60% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the V Principes was at 45% of full strength, with 74% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 147, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 116, "Styk"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 103, "Gan Singh"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Objective Raids, p. 17, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 13, "Plagued By Blake"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101, "Liao Commonality"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 100, "The Capellan Brigade"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 4, "Leonidas Battle Armor"
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- ↑ Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 12, "Regimental Status"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 107, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table (LCAF)"
- ↑ Chaos March, p. 14
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 17, "Capellan Brigade Regimental Status"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Chasseurs á Cheval"
- 20 Year Update
- Chaos March
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League