2nd Liao Hussars
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Conservatory Command, Yi's Hussars (3145)|
|Parent Formation||Liao Cháng-Chéng|
|Formed||Between 3058 and 3063|
During the Capellan/St. Ives conflict, the Hussars were hard-pressed to remain combat effective. Between 3064 and 3067 they were unable to take any of the objectives they were assigned. Despite this they were able to inflict twice as many casualties as they sustained and captured a battalion's worth of equipment. This equipment included two squads of Purifier armor. The Strategos wasn't pleased with their performance, however, and sent a message to their commander encouraging his troops to perform better. The unit was based on Styk in 3067.
Stationed on Liao between 3073 and 3075, the Blakists inflicted severe losses on the hard-fighting Hussars. Three quarters of the Hussars were killed in the conflict. The rebuilding effort allowed foreign intelligence services to insert several agents. Posted to Shiba to rebuild, Syn's Hussars instead turned inward, remaining in their base camp.
In 3085 the Hussars' new commander focused the unit's displeasure on the loss of Liao and the Conservatory to the Republic of the Sphere. This focus and the arrival of many new recruits started to pull the Hussars out of their deep depression and helped them interact with the universe again. They were stationed on Bithinia in 3085 to protect the Bithinian Ballistics plant.
By 3145, the unit was at low morale again. Not being included in the liberation of Liao and becoming junior regiment to the disliked 1st Liao Hussars has lowered their loyalty rating. Despite this, the regiment participated in Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. 
3063 to 3067
- CO: Sang-shao Syn Sum Orr
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Andrea Deer
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Kail Crushniev
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Julian Locke
- Flight Commander (3063): Kong-sao-shao Devin Ross
- Flight Commander (3067): Kong-sao-shao Tracy Lifte
- Armor Commander (3063-3067): Zhong-shao Laura Myng
- Infantry Commander (3063): Sao-shao Brian Calhoun
- Infantry Commander (3067): Sang-shao Rafe Sinclair
Syn's Hussars were still only at one third of their pre-Jihad strength in 3079.
Syn's Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Kail Crushniev
Syn's Winged Hussars (Flight/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-sao-shang Amaka Magan
Syn's Armored Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Angelique Francois
Syn's Support Hussars (1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Rohak Malik
2nd Liao Hussars (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Sang-shao Derek Yi
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Changpu Zheng
Yi’s Armored Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Pengfei Yin
Yi’s Support Hussars (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Hon Por Liu
- Command of the Third 'Mech Battalion goes to an officer cadet who demonstrates strong potential. However, this was stopped by 3145 as the regiment was no longer a training cadre.
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 82, "Syn's Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 25
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 31
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 41, "LIAO CHÁNG-CHÉNG"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"