- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Algorab neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-114.84 : 13.77[e]|
|Spectral class||A1V1 and K0V|
The Algorab system is surrounded by a massive cloud of gases and dust and was originally believed to be incapable of supporting planets; early explorers were surprised to learn that the smaller K0V star that orbited the A1V1 white supergiant did in fact have five planets orbiting it. All of the planets were blasted with intense solar radiation, rendering most completely uninhabitable.
The Algorab system had recharge stations at both the nadir and zenith jump points until the Word of Blake destroyed both in passing during the Jihad. The Republic of the Sphere later rebuilt the station at the zenith jump point.
| Jump point
|Moons||None (dust ring)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Johanna Unna (Governor)|
Bonaro Nantai (Planetary Legate)
Alograb V - more commonly referred to simply as Algorab - is the fifth planet orbiting the K0V-class sun in the Algorab system. Algorab lacks any moons but does possess a dust ring.
With so little arable land the inhabitants of Algorab V had most of their food imported as freeze-dried meals. The planet's economy was based on mining and ore extraction. To protect themselves from the intense solar radiation, most of the Alborabians lived in underground cities. The first settlers were keen to escape the tyranny of the Terran government during the First Exodus from Terra, and many of those who came to Algorab were keen to exploit the various deposits of metals and natural gas. Various shielded, climate-controlled mining and reining colonies were created on the surface of the planet; more welcoming settlements were created on the shores of the two polar oceans, and the disparate settlements were linked together by a combination of maglev lines and airships. The remaining interior lands were largely barren rocky or sandy wastes, but some settlers from the central African and Middle Eastern regions of Terra were still drawn to settle there.
Throughout its history Algorab would lack the arable land required to support the growing population, and as a consequence the opulation were reliant on the import of freeze-dried foods from other worlds; the inhospitability of the planet combined with the long journey to the planet from the nearest jump point made the planet a difficult target for raiding, and as a consequence Algorab was left largely untouched during the Succession Wars.
In 3020 Algorab was raided by the Second Marik Militia. The Second - also known as The Fates - took heavy damage during the ill-fated raid, and while the main strike force within the Second, the Ridge Riders, survived intact the remainder of the regiment had to spend three years rebuilding.
In response to the raids and assaults on worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Blakists launched raiding parties against various worlds around the Protectorate border in early September 3076. Making use of weapons of mass destruction to augment the damage inflicting, the raiding parties - few of which were larger than a single Level III struck at the worlds of Algorab, Alnasi, Amity, Bordon, Connaught, Hunan, Kessel, New Hessen, New Kyoto, Ronel, St. Andre, Styk, Tsitsang and Wei. Of the worlds hit, the Capellan Confederation took the brunt of the fighting.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth  
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth  
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth  
- 3020 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth  
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth  
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3058 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance  
- 3075 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
Algorab V was the only planet in the system that managed to form shallow polar oceans and retain an atmosphere, despite the intense solar radiation that it and the other worlds were bombarded with; Algorab's atmosphere has a higher than average cocentration of nitrogen, carbon dioxide and methane, but when it was discovered by humans it had already developed some primitive plant life.
The two polar oceans on algorab are named Niriama and the Vanishing Sea, with the former beingin the north and the latter in the south.e
- Delcorvius Prime: planetary capital city and spaceport, located on the shores of the Niriaman ocean.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 171, "Algorab World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 91, "2nd Marik Militia"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic at the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succesion War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 69, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 140, "Mercenary Combat Commands - (LCAF)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130