House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Confirmed For June 4th Release
- Let’s Talk About MechWarrior: Dark Age
- The ‘Mechs That Time Forgot: Quad ‘Mechs
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Read more →
| House Marik|
The Free Worlds League
|Development|| Jordan K. Weisman (Production Manager)|
Tara Gallagher (Production Coordinator)
L. Ross Babcock III (Editor-In-Chief)
Donna Ippolito (Senior Editor)
Todd Huettel (Editor)
C. R. Green, Jonathan Marcus (Editorial Assistants)
|Primary writing|| Richard K. Meyer|
Walter H. Hunt
C. R. Green
|Cover artwork||Dana Knutson|
|Interior artwork||David R. Deitrick|
|Illustrations|| Jeff Laubenstein|
Todd F. Marsh
|MSRP||15.00 US $|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|“|| When the Civil War of 3014 was over, Captain-General Janos Marik emerged triumphant.
But at what a cost...
Marik has lost his brother, his wife, and his confidence. The realm he rules, the Free Worlds League, weakened by over two centuries of warfare with the Lyran Commonwealth and the Capellan Confederation, is being torn apart by the diversity that was once its greatest strength.
Yet the winds of change blow throughout the Inner Sphere. Marik has entered into an alliance with the Draconis Combine and his former enemies the Capellans, an alliance that may tip the balance of power for centuries to come.
This ComStar report on House Marik and the Free Worlds League includes dozens of full-color illustrations depicting League personalities, daily life, and military regalia. Classified documents on League and various League factions' armed forces, military structure, and political intrigues are also provided. In addition, the large history chapter stretches from the initial unification of the Marik Commonwealth, the Principality of Regulus, and the Duchy of Oriente to form the League through House Marik's consolidation of power and its position today as leader of the now divided Free Worlds League.
- Sociopolitical Structure
- Religion and Philosophy
- Traditional Religions
- Myths and Legends
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Military Forces
- Culture and Arts
- Cultural Life
- Crime and Punishment
- Historical Background
- Currency and Inflation
- Corporate Profiles
- Other Major Industries
- Trade with Other Successor States
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- A Brief Atlas
- Map of the Free Worlds League
- Marik Family Tree
- Much of the information was intended as background material for MechWarrior role-playing game campaigns.
- A downloadable version (sans pictures) is available at House Marik Book
- The in-universe date of publication is un-stated, but based on one of the final pages of the historical section, it would be 3024 or later.