(References to Chertan)
Chertan neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Osei and Pelipa)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Thin (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Aeneas Pollock (Governor)|
Sakae Vallinova (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Free Worlds League
- 3040 - Free Worlds League
- 3052 - Free Worlds League
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3025 to 3050 to 3054 to 3059
 Planetary History
Chertan was originally settled to capitalize on the large amounts of mineral and metal resources. Despite being water poor, the presence of these natural resources allowed mining, smelting, refining and manufacturing operations to thrive. The citizens would export heavy machinery and metals and use the profits to purchase food from nearby agricultural worlds. This balance lasted until after the fall of the Star League. Located close to the Lyran Commonwealth, Chertan was frequently targeted by LCAF raids. These raids left the world covered in scars, and damaged the few farms capable of feeding the population. Starving citizens rioted several times, and eventually the noble ruler was deposed in 2820. By the time of the Jihad the world had lost its heavy industry as most companies relocated to more habitable planets.
Chertan was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, and incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate; forces operating under the command of Duchess Alys Rousset-Marik liberated Chertan in January 3078 as a part of Operation SCOUR. Chertan was one of four worlds to be hit simultaneously by forces operating on the Free Worlds League front of SCOUR on the 3rd of January; the 1st and 2nd Chertan Protectorate Militia Divisions struck at the Com Guard 4th Army almost as soon as the Com Guard forces had made planetfall, and nearly succeded in forcing the allied coalition forces back off the planet. Ultimately, the greater experience possessed by the 4th Army carried the day, with the Com Guard forces pushing the Protectorate Militia Divisions back until their position became impossible to defend, leading to them surrendering.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 178, "Chertan World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 109, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 57, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 39, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"