(References to Denebola)
Denebola neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Irving Al-Salhar (Governor)|
Jorg Kampephos (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2240 - Independent planet 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
- - At this point in time, the VIII Protectors was at 40% of full strength, with 55% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Planetary Info
Denebola has three large continents that straddle its equator. These continents (Slovakia, Neurasia, and Zadipos) are covered in forests and river systems. Most of the planet's population lives on these continents as Denebola is coming out of an ice age and the polar regions extend quite deeply into the temperate areas. The glaciers seen by the first colonists were impressive, reaching down into the higher tropical latitudes. This would dramatically affect early Denebolian history.
Denebola was the first colony to declare itself independent from the Terran Alliance. This independence was a mixed blessing, as the population lost access to the Terran Alliance traders and support systems. In their place were a series of loose alliances and trade agreements in order to get the food and supplies they needed to survive on their cold world. Unfortunately the colony worlds that supported Denebola were also suffering from the Demarcation Declaration, and couldn't spare much. Planetary communications broke down, and poorly planned agriculture and disease wiped out many smaller settlements. Only two groups of colonists survived, one on Zadipos and the other on Neurasia. These two colonies were located on opposite sides of the world, and each thought they were the only survivors.
When the Terran Hegemony arrived, the two colonies discovered each other. During Denebola's integration into the Hegemony a disagreement between the colonies over which one would be the capital and planetary government threatened to break out into war. Hegemony negotiators proposed a confederation style government where each colony would oversee it's own internal affairs and a planetary council composed of members of both colonies would decide matters that affected the whole world. This government style worked well for many years, only being replaced by a single world government after the fall of the Star League. It was during the Star League era that Denebola was a member of the Tyrfing Province of the Hegemony.
During the Succession Wars the Free Worlds League and Lyran Commonwealth fought over the world several times. The influx of new immigrants and bureaucracies of the Great House forced Denebola to form a single world government. The long history of immigration would later make acceptance of Devlin Stone's relocation program easy for most of the inhabitants, and they were rewarded by seeing their world become the capital of Prefecture VIII.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Denebola was one of the worlds hit and was attacked by the League forces on the 1st of September 3068. By the 20th of September the League forces had successfully captured Denebola.
By the end of December 3079 Denebola was one of more than twenty planets to have suffered an outbreak of the Redburn Virus, and one of eight to suffer from an infection rate of more than 150 out of every 100,000 people, as well as a mortality rate of more than 30 per 100,000 from the virus. Denebola also had the unfortunate distinction of being the first planet to report a new communicable strain of the virus.
It was confirmed by Catalyst Game Labs that Denebola was hit on September 1st 3068 as a part of Operation BROKEN FIST when it was highlighted that the entry in the Timeline of the Jihad presented in Jihad: Final Reckoning on page 45 stating that "Jeremy Brett's FWLM counterattack hits Alchiba, Milton, Phecda, Alchiba and Wyatt should have included Denebola, rather than two instances of Alchiba.
The second instance of Alchiba is actually Denebola.
- Herbert Beas
|— Herbert Beas, BattleTech Line developer, 12 Jun 2012|
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 180, "Denebola World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 13, "Plagued By Blake"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130