Marcus neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-58.94 : -15.55[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||4 (Bandi, Cele, Palila & Washi)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Evagelos Gillis (Governor)|
Diego Corridan III (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2784 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2785 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Marcus is a hostile world with an oppressive atmosphere. Settled in the early years of the Terran Hegemony to exploit the abundant radioactive materials, Marcus eventually hosted Orguss Industries. During the Amaris Civil War the Rim Worlds troops garrisoning the world forced the population to work triple shifts at the BattleMech plant and in the uranium mines. After five years of occupation nearly three million people of the planet's population was killed in mines and factories.
The fall of the Star League found the Free Worlds League in possession of Marcus. Though the industrial complexes were valuable to the Free Worlds, they also made Marcus a tempting target for raids from the Commonwealth. After centuries of raids and damage, the planet's economy was in decline and Marcus' future looked bleak. This led to a short lived cult that encouraged suicide as a way of reaching "Culmination". The cult was short lived as its members eventually killed themselves.
Marcus was invaded in the Free Worlds League's first wave of Operation Guerrero by the 7th Free Worlds Legionnaires, the 5th Marik Militia, and the 12th Atrean Dragoons. The defending FedCom troops sacrificed a 'Mech regiment in order to escape.
The Word of Blake incorporated Marcus into the Protectorate during the Jihad, but Marcus was liberated by allied coalition forces in July 3077 as a part of Operation SCOUR. During the assault by the Coalition troops, several million tons of foodstuffs ready for shipment were destroyed. This led to extreme economic effects as the shipment was critical to their economy. The Word of Blake responded by dispatching a combination of hired mercenary and pirate forces to retake Marcus on the 11th of August; the coalition forces including the 20th Marik Militia had no choice but to retreat to the nearby world of Dieudonne. Two teams of ComStar affiliated Blake's Wrath units destroyed the uranium mines to deny them to the Word of Blake. The pirates and mercenaries the Blakists had sent were not concerned with limiting collateral damage, and when word of the Coalition's conquest of Terra reached them, the natives (aided by ComStar) overthrew their mercenary overseers.
- Iron Guard
- Wylie's Coyotes
- Twelfth FedCom RCT
- Twelfth Atrean Dragoons
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 186, "Marcus World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Shattered Sphere, p. 74, "Operation Guerrero, First Wave"
- Total Chaos, p. 164
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 59-60, "Chaos Eternal: Blood And Fury"
- Total Chaos, p. 165
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 112, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 145, "Republic Armed Forces - Republic Remnant"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Handbook: House Liao
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Total Chaos
- Shattered Sphere