Syrma neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-57.92 : 39.147[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Vincentia DePaik (Governor)|
Yusif Hedley (Planetary Legate)
- 2239 - Terran Alliance 
- 2240 - Independent world 
- 2271 - Independent world 
- 2338 - Federation of Skye 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2782 - Terran Hegemony
- 2783 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from November) / Lyran Alliance (from December)
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Galatean Defense League
Syrma is a water-rich world with a host of natural resources. The four major landmasses on Syrma are the continents of Ezera, Lothair, Quan and Rashida.
Considered a dream world for development when it was found by explorers, Syrma was settled by pilgrims from various cultures and religious groups with a strong antitechnology bias. These groups were drawn from areas such as various African cultures, Native American groups and the Amish, and quickly established agricultural communes through the interior of each of the four major continents. When the Terran Alliance withdrew, the inhabitants of Syrma used their own industrious nature to survive and for a time Syrma was an independent world.
Rise of the Terran Hegemony
The appearance of the Terran Hegemony and the aggressive manner with which the Hegemony began expanding to incorporate former Terran Alliance holdings prompted the leaders or the various communities on Syrma to approach outsiders to help them maintain their independent status. The nearby Federation of Skye came to the aid of Syrma, seeding mines and "smart" missiles at the system jump points; these defenses proved effective, inflicting serious damage on the Hegemony fleet that jumped into the Syrma system intent on annexing the world. This military defeat came to be known as the "Syrma Disaster" in the Hegemony and was ultimately responsible for the end of the McKenna family's rule over the Hegemony.
While the assistance from the Federation of Skye preserved Syrma's independence from the Hegemony, it also opened the planet up to development by increasingly modernized industries, which initially coexisted with the various antitechnology sects who continued to live in their own enclaves.
The Star League
By the time the Star League came into being Syrma had become a world jointly administered by the Terran Hegemony and the Lyran Commonwealth, with the population existing in an odd mix of primitive and technocratic lifestyles. The abundance of resources on Syrma made the planet an obvious target for the forces of Stefan Amaris when he launched his coup, and the Usurper's forces who landed on Syrma were brutal. The invaders executed the majority of the local government, both Hegemony and Commonwealth citizen alike, and enslaved much of the population of the antitechnology enclaves to work as slave labor in the mines and industries on the planet. This resulted in some of the greatest atrocities to be conducted during the Usurper's rule, and it was only with the planet's liberation during the Hegemony Campaign waged by the SLDF under General Aleksandr Kerensky that the population would be freed.
The Succession Wars
After the fall of the Star League the Lyran Commonwealth annexed Syrma and would invest heavily in reconstruction efforts to rebuild the industrial infrastructure of the world. The descendants of the original settlers on Syrma were largely overlooked by the Lyran government during these reconstruction efforts and neglected their agricultural communes; this tendency to ignore the antitechnology groups continued throughout the Succession Wars and nearly led to the extinction of these groups.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space across numerous worlds. Syrma was one of the worlds hit and was assaulted by the League forces on the 17th of October 3068. The League held Syrma for five weeks, with Lyran forces recapturing the planet by the 27th of November.
The Dark Age
The largest spaceport on Syrma is located on Lothair in the planetary capital, Skopje; two other major spaceports exist on the planet, one located in the city of Scottsdale on Ezera and the other located in the city of Strausberg on Rashida. The ruling family maintains the headquarters of DePaik Resource Solutions, their main mining and refining company, in the planetary capital.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 199, "Syrma"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- The Star League, p. 19, "The Syrma Ambush"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Nao"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Table - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Unaligned/Uncontracted"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130