(References to Muphrid)
Muphrid neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||190 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Argeni, Insada)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||50°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Duke: Raymond Fritz (3067)|
Governor: Raymond Fritz (3130)
|Population|| 737,210,000 (3067)|
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from October)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Blessed with mild seasons, expansive seas and fertile soil that led to thick vegetation developing on the major landmasses, Muphrid has three major continents in the temperate zone: MacArthur, Ridgeway and Shamrock. Of the three continents MacArthur lies furthest south, whilst Shamrock is in the northeast; to the west of Shamrock is Ridgeway.
Settled within a few months of the colonization of the nearby world of Thorin, Muphrid was one of the first worlds to be colonized by humanity. Drawing on Thorin's example, Muphrid enacted strict zoning laws to preserve Muphrid's natural beauty, carefully limiting industrial expansion. The continent of MacArthur was declared to be a low-technology area and would remain almost completely untamed, with the few settlements there devoted to farming, logging and fishing; the continent would continue to be largely dominated by thick, untouched jungles thereafter.
The settlers designated Shamrock as the industrial region of Muphrid, while Ridgeway was exploited for both mining and agriculture. The zoning laws put in place influenced the development of the settlements on each continent; Ridgeway went on to develop smaller towns than the cities of Shamrock. and those towns would be a mixture of settlements dedicated to granite and ore mining or a mix of agricultural communities and ranches.
Muphrid was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
The Star League
The Star League Defense Force established a number of Castles Brian on Muphrid, but those hidden complexes that survived the Amaris Civil War were destroyed during or just after the fall of the Star League. Despite the destruction of the various military fortresses rumors would persist for centuries that the Star League had hidden a research facility deep in the jungles of MacArthur, and innumerable groups of explorers would launch expeditions into the jungles in pursuit of the facility and the secrets it might hold.
Muphrid was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate by conquest on the 7th of October 3068; the Word of Blake forces responsible for conquering Muphrid allegedly used tactical nuclear weapons to secure their hold on the planet. Despite the use of nuclear weapons the majority of the damage inflicted by the Blakists was limited to the capital and a number of major cities.
By the end of December 3079 Muphrid was one of more than twenty planets to have suffered an outbreak of the Redburn Virus, and one of eight to suffer from an infection rate of more than 150 out of every 100,000 people, as well as a mortality rate of more than 30 per 100,000 from the virus.
The Dark Age
During the Dark Age the population of Muphrid repaired the majority of the damage inflicted on their world during the Jihad, and the world continued to retain much of its natural splendour, while the population continued their lives as they had always done. Memorials to those who fell defending the planet against the Blakists were erected in the capital city of New Dublin as well as in Calenaton, Mechanicsburg and Port MacArthur.
3068 to 3070
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 244, "Muphrid"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 200, "Muphrid"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 253, "Thorin"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 13, "Plagued By Blake"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130