Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Asta neighbouring systems
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Arowhena, Eddelle)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Anfernee van Lark (Governor)|
Illyana Petchenko (Planetary Legate)
|Capital|| Excaliba (3077)|
Asta II - more commonly referred to simply as Asta - is the second planet in the Asta system and is a temperate, agrarian world with two moons named Arowhena and Eddelle.
Asta was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony. Temperate and beautiful, Asta was a trading world for both the Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League and was famous for the crystalline rock formations found in the desert canyons dotted across the supercontinent of Balerdo.
Prior to the Jihad, Asta was a primarily agricultural world with an economy based on exported textiles and food. Tourism was also a smaller part of the economy, with tourists and geologists arriving to examine the strange crystal rock formations in the desert canyons of the main continent, Baldero. The Blakists attacked the world via orbital bombardment, destroying the small Draconis Combine military unit stationed there, and forcibly integrated it into the Word of Blake Protectorate between the 19th and 21st of June 3068. Having occupied Altair the Blakists then established several "re-education" camps on the planet.
It was from a prison camp on Asta that the noted military officer Andrew Redburn was liberated on the 18th of March 3077; Redburn had been presumed dead since the attack on Tukayyid at the beginning of the Jihad, but was rescued alive by allied coalition forces led by Clan Ghost Bear, and promptly joined the general staff of the coalition leader, Devlin Stone. The forces from the Draconis Combine front of Operation SCOUR that liberated Asta were led by Tai-shu Isoroku Kurita, and began by securing what was left of the planetary capital, Excaliba, in the face of stiff resistance that finally broke with the arrival of the Second Genyosha. The main Combine force then rolled up the remaining Blakist presence on the Balerdo continent while the Ghost Bear forces cleared the Moolai continent. The Combine forces benefitted from an uprising in a Blakist reeducation camp near the port city of Logan which had spread through other camps a week or so before the coalition forces arrived. The uprisings, led by Andrew Redburn, weakened and distracted the Blakist forces, something the coalition forces were able to take advantage of, shortening the campaign for Asta by at least a week if not more.
During the Dark Age the Desert Ice Fields of the Balerdo Grande canyon became home to the planet's memorial to those killed on Asta during the Jihad. The damage to Excaliba inflicted during the Jihad was so severe that the city was effectively destroyed, and Logan became the new planetary capital.
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from July) 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until May)
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
Asta has two major continents, a supercontinent named Balerdo located in the northwest and a smaller continent named Moolai located in the south. One of the most distinctive geological features on the planet are the Desert Ice Fields of Balerdo Grande.
- Charbyllis: largest city on Moolai and center of the planetary textile industry, located to the south and west of the agricultural plains on Moolai.
- Excaliba: The planetary capital city prior to its destruction during the Jihad.
- Logan: Port and planetary capital city after the destruction of Excaliba; located on Logan.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 230, "Asta World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 32, "Official Update 2"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 36039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 145, "Republic Armed Forces - Stone's Brigade"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130