(References to Epsilon Indi)
Epsilon Indi neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Governor: Cecil Abraham|
Planetary Legate: Pedro Robinson
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Independent World 
- 3062 - Independent World 
- 3067 - Independent World 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Epsilon Indi has four main continents; the colonists named the northern polar continent Boreria and the southern polar continent Kantiles. The continent located north of the equator was named Ithicasia, and south of Ithicasia was the continent of Surterra.
Having become independent as a result of the Demarcation Declaration, Epsilon Indi was subsequently added to the resurgent Terran Hegemony; whilst some worlds joined the Hegemony during its early years as a result of diplomatic and trade incentives, many more were conquered in "campaigns of persuasion" launched by Director-General James McKenna, the first of which began in 2316 and ended with the capture of Towne in 2317. Epsilon Indi was one of the worlds added to the Hegemony during or around the time of this first military campaign.
Star League Era
Epsilon Indi hosted a Star League-era Space Defense System that was responsible for destroying the 34th Royal BattleMech Division and the 568th Armed Transport Flotilla during the Amaris Civil War. Amaris' forces captured Epsilon Indi during Operation APOTHEOSIS by liberally using neutron weapons against orbital defense sites along with lightning attacks, decimating the population of the planet in the process. The Amaris Empire forces turned the planet into a brutal gauntlet that inflicted heavy damage on the Star League Defense Force troops that attempted to liberate it during the Amaris Civil War. Although the SLDF was able to liberate the planet, the Amaris Empire forces engaged in scorched-earth tactics as they withdrew, deploying the remainder of their nuclear weapons in the process; the planet was left devastated, and centuries later the marks of the brutal tactics were still visible. As late as the thirty-second century the much-reduced population of the planet were largely confined to living in the polar regions, which had managed to escape most of the fallout from the nuclear weapons; the remainder of the planet was heavily marked with deserts, empty seabeds and the abandoned and bombed-out remains of cities.
Epsilon Indi was one of the first worlds taken by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, captured along with Fletcher and Tall Trees in a campaign that saw all three worlds annexed by the Word of Blake Protectorate by the 30th of December 3067. On the 6th of June 3075 Epsilon Indi was one of three worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate to be raided simultaneously by unidentified forces. The raiding force on Epsilon Indi damaged the local Protectorate units and was rumoured to be one of the Word of Blake's own Shadow Divisions. While in control of Epsilon Indi the Blakists conducted a number of operations from Boreria and the capital city, New Rhodes, in particular.
In the last week of February 3078 the First Sword of Light regiment landed on the world and drove off the Blakists. Unfortunately the Blakists deployed a biological weapon before they left the world, poisoning the water table. This biological attack affected the water supply to several major cities, and when coupled with the severe damage inflicted in the conventional conflict, led several observers to speculate that the population would need to relocate or face extinction.
The Dark Age
During the Dark Age the population of Epsilon Indi managed to gain access to the rich mineral deposits across all four continents from mining operations in Boreria and Kantiles. The largest of the mining settlements, Kirst, was located on the northern shore of Kantiles and was just four hundred kilometes from the southern edge of Surterra, which remained an uninhabitable wastes. Surterra also remained badly scarred from the battles during the Star League era, but was also home to the mining colony of Vogelton, which was located inside a dome. Despite the five decades of peace after the Jihad Epsilon Indi remained a world still struggling to recover from the wars that had marred it.
3055 to 3062 to 3067
- Epsilon Indi Irregulars (1 mixed regiment) 
- Langendorf Lancers 
- Epsilon Indi Freedom Brigade 
- The Planet Epsilon Indi is misspelled in ComStar (sourcebook) as Epsilon Indiri.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 239, "Epsilon Indi"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 44, "The Jihad In Review"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding "
- The Star League, p. 88, "Admiral Braso's Last Transmission"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 84, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 125, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 36
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Principes Guards"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- The Star League