(References to Ingress)
Ingress neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Ted James (Governor)|
Irma Monaco (Planetary Legate)
- pre-2240 - Terran Alliance 
- 2240-2315 - Independent world 
- 2316 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Duchy of Small 
- 3062 - Duchy of Small 
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from July)
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until December)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Garrisoning Military Force
3067 to 3068
Ingress was one of the first worlds settled during the Terran Exodus. Its rich soil soon allowed the inhabitants to grow a great deal of food, far more than they needed. These crops remain the foundation of Ingress' economy, but the planet does have some light industry as well, making it totally self-sufficient. As such it was one of the first colony worlds to seek liberation from the Terran Alliance.
Having assumed control of the newly formed Terran Hegemony from the ashes of the Terran Alliance, Director-General James McKenna began to execute "Campaigns of Persuasion" to integrate worlds that had been independent since the Demarcation Declaration of 2240 into the Hegemony. The first of these campaigns began in March 2316 and finished in 2317, and one of the worlds targetted was Ingress.
During the early 24th century Ingress was a rich world that combined extensive natural resources with a thriving industrial base; at the time of the invasion by the Hegemony Armed Forces the majority of the major cities on Ingress were dotted around a single large and deep sea named the Ingress Sea. In the view of the HAF, this made the Ingress campaign the perfect opportunity to deploy the very first of a new pattern of regiment - the First CAAN Regiment. As a Combined Armor, Air and Naval Regiment the plan was that the 1st would deploy onto or around the narrow sea and quickly secure the major cities as part of a HAF task force to secure the world.
The 1st actually ended up being one of the first HAF regiments to touch down on Ingress, with their DropShips deploying into landing zones around the Ingress Sea that had already been partially secured by Jump Troops deployed ahead of the main landing. The 1st quickly set up a fighter base in a large, flat valley while a number of DropShips landed directly in shallow waters close to the shore to deploy hovercraft and gunboats directly onto the sea. One of the first targets for the 1st was to secure key points around the city of Grand Port and hold areas of the waterfront so that follow-up Marine infantry forces could secure the city proper. The 1st deployed troops rapidly by hovercraft only to discover that the defending Ingress forces were heavily equipped with heat-seeking missiles; while the missiles were primitive by HAF standards, the missiles were simple enough to construct that the natives of Ingress had managed to retool a number of local factories and then churn the missiles out in vast quantities. The population then promptly proceeded to drag the First and the other HAF regiments into a protracted guerrilla war where time and again the high-tech HAF equipment such as the First's hovercraft would be damaged or destroyed by cheap hand-held missiles launched by resistance fighters the HAF considered little more than country bumpkins. Despite the conquest of Ingress being described in media across the Hegemony as a peaceful persuasion, the reality of the campaign was that it was a protracted and bitterly-fought war.
Amaris Civil War
Indicass was taken by the Rim Worlds Republic forces during the Amaris Civil War. Indicass was a key world for the Amaris Empire as it was self-sufficient and exported food to other worlds. In May, 2775 Indicass was invaded by the SLDF's LII Corps. They faced a brigade of Republican forces, but the mercenary 'Mech unit that was on world (Jacob's Firebrands) quickly surrendered. Elements of LII Corps spent most of the next year working to close down the small resistance cells that the Republican defenders used.
After the fall of the Star League the planet became part of the Capellan Confederation. The Confederation enjoyed the fruits of the world until the Fourth Succession War when Ingress became part of the Tikonov Free Republic and later the Federated Commonwealth. After Operation Guerrero created the Chaos March, Ingress was "invited" to join a military alliance by Small World. Unfortunately the Small Worlders hadn't read their history - the Ingresians resisted the invading troops for years until they finally drove the Small Worlders off-world.
This military success ultimately backfired however. The Ingress Militia had lost so many soldiers fighting off the Small World invaders that they couldn't resist the occupying Word of Blake forces. The Word of Blake launched a wave of attacks during the first two weeks of July 3069 that targeted the worlds of Bharat, Deneb Kaitos, Ingress, Kawich and Ruchbah; Ingress was one of the worlds to fall in the face of a conventional assault, and was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate. The Blakists established huge "re-education" camps on the world, disrupting Ingress' agriculture production. The resulting food shortages caused a billion people (both on Ingress and on worlds that imported Ingress' food) to starve to death.
Ingress was liberated by forces on the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR by December 3077; the forces that landed on Ingress were drawn from Group I, under the command of Major General Walter White-Davion of the 5th Crucis Lancers. Leading the Fox's Teeth had recently undergone a change in command, with David McKinnon leading following the death of Ross McKinnon early in the year. The resulting campaign was nearly bloodless, with the Fox's Teeth playing a pivotal, although unspecified, role in making it so.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 78, "Ingress World Profile"
- The Star League, p. 17, "Viciousness On Ingress"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 39-40, "Ingress, Fletcher Fall"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 23, "Unit Note"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 70, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 37
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 38
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- The Star League