- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Epsilon Eridani neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||18.35 : -21.25[e]|
- 1 Epsilon Eridani
- 2 Epsilon Eridani IV
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Industrial Centers
- 2.8 Notes
- 2.9 Nearby Systems
- 2.10 References
- 2.11 Bibliography
Epsilon Eridani IV
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Lorelei Benton (Governor) (3130)|
Kaleed al-Dallarah (Planetary Legate) (3130)
Epsilon Eridani IV - most commonly known simply as Epsilon Eridani - is the fourth planet in the system and has a single moon named Minori.
The world known as Epsilon Eridani was first discovered in 2050 by the Terran Alliance probe Magellan Four. The Terran Alliance explorer Alana Korvin DeVall helped found the Epsilon Eridani colony at some point prior to 2208, and Epsilon Eridani was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, later becoming one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
Amaris Civil War
During the Star League era Epsilon Eridani became the site of the Army Headquarters for the SLDF Fifth Army, the administrative headquarters of the first region of the Capellan Confederation and a series of training bases, many of them major. With the eruption of the Periphery Uprising in 2766 the Fifth Army found itself responsible for the entire Capellan Confederation, and even though the Fifth Army received some reinforcements drawn from the First Army this greater astrogeographical area of responsibility naturally led to the Fifth Army being stretched thin.
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra his forces also swung into action on all of the other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds. This included Epsilon Eridani; despite the Fifth Army being deployed across the Confederation there were still a large number of personnel from the fifth Army on Epsilon Eridani, as well as a substantial number of SLDF personnel within the support and training organizations. These people, primarily administrative, support and logistics personnel, posed a risk to the Rim Worlds Republic forces, which had already managed to occupy at least one Castle Brian on Epsilon Eridani prior to the Coup beginning.
The Republican forces hadn't been able to establish a foothold within any of the training facilities or the Military Region administrative headquarters, and as a result when they launched their campaign to take control of Epsilon Eridani they bombarded the Castle Brian housing the Military Region HQ with multiple nuclear weapons while also hitting the various training bases with a combination of nuclear and biological attacks. While these attacks were largely effective, the Republicans didn't manage to hit every training base, nor were they able to track down and hit every location where SLDF equipment was stored; they also failed to capture or destroy all of the war materiel stored across Epsilon Eridani awaiting shipping to the Periphery front. Epsilon Eridani subsequently became a hotbed for resistance against the Republican forces and Stefan Amaris as the SLDF personnel who survived the initial attacks made use of the remaining equipment to form and lead resistance groups across the planet.
The AEAF orbital bombardment of Epsilon Eridani included strikes on the planetary capital, Madison, which was located on Parassus; the bombardment almost levelled the city, including the Star League mint which was located in the city and was repsonsible for printing Capellan currency.
With the outbreak of fighting after the fall of the Star League, Epsilon Eridani surrendered itself to House Liao's Ariana Grenadiers and Justinia's Cuirassiers. This was part of House Liao's first campaign during the First Succession War to claim former Terran Hegemony worlds between 2780 and 2800.
In 2944, House Liao's first Chesterton Voltigeurs repelled a House Marik raid. The unit had fended off the attack by Marik forces with heavy losses in air and ground support. In the last years of the Third Succession War, Laurel's Legion was able to make a blunt move to take the planet from House Davion forces in 3024.
FedCom Civil War
In 3067 two mercenary units, the Lone Star Regiment and Renfield's Renegades, were battling on Epsilon Eridani when they made a significant discovery. The fighting near the Shamus Mountains unearthed an old Star League Defense Force depot hidden within the mountains. Still intact within the Depot was a functioning Colossus-class DropShip in pristine condition. Both mercenary units immediately laid claim to the DropShip, and with neither willing to compromise a gruelling combat was initiated that saw both units take heavy casualties. Ultimately, the Lone Star Regiment were the victors and recovered both the DropShip and the battlefield salvage as prizes.
The Word of Blake assimilated Epsilon Eridani into their Protectorate early in the Jihad, and it would remain a Blakist world until February 3078. Forces from the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR liberated Epsilon Eridani on the 22nd of February after a fiercely fought week-long battle against the defending Blakist forces. The assault on Epsilon Eridani was one of - if not the - first assault to be performed on the Federated Suns front since command of the front passed to Marshal Jon Davion following the death of Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito on Acamar. Leading Group II of the Federated Suns front personally, Davion deployed the allied coalition forces via a combined arms sub-orbital drop strategy that he had developed during his time at Sakhara Academy. The drop allowed the coalition forces to strike directly at the Blakist leadership on Epsilon Eridani, decapitating the Word of Blake forces on the planet within the first 24 hours of combat operations and restoring civil law to the capital within a week.
The Federated Suns News Service held up the smooth transition in leadership between Sandoval-Ito and Davion as an example of how closely the Marshal of the Armies had been involved in planning the Federated Suns front of SCOUR, and held up the quick campaign by Group III as an example of how the Group was a genuinely integrated force. The FSNS also included a human interest piece to substantiate the claim for easy integration, detailing an American Football match on Epsilon Eridani on or around the 22nd of February that saw a team consisting of members of Clan Nova Cat's Delta Galaxy augmented by personnel from the Drake's Drivers mercenary unit on one side and a LAAF offensive line on the other team, backed up by runners and receivers from the Benjamin Regulars and fielding a Com Guard quarterback.
The Dark Age
The city of Madison, rebuilt after the Amaris Civil War, continued to serve as planetary capital during the rule of the Republic of the Sphere. Madison was located 370km northwest of Dori, the large port city located on the shores of Lake Arous which was itself the center of Epsilon Eridani's commercial industry.
The largest of the various industries on Epsilon Eridani was Kressly Technologies - the renamed Kressly Warworks - who operated a number of manufacturing facilities across the planet, including an IndustrialMech manufacturing plant; Kressly expanded their presence on Epsilon Eridani when they established an aerospace plant in the Goushan Highlands on the site of a former surface testing facility. The facility had been a testing facility for the Harvard Company, a Star League-era aerospace fighter manufacturer which had been destroyed during fighting between the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns during the First Succession War, and the facility had largely been forgotten until Kressly redeveloped it.
- 2208 - Terran Alliance 
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Chaos March 
- 3067 - Chaos March /Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3078 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3085 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
- Redfield Renegades
- Bronson's Horde
- Lone Star Regiment
- Wolf's Dragoons (Beta Regiment)
- Wolf Spider Battalion
- Lone Star Regiment
3068 to 3070
- - At this point in time, the V Protectors was at 60% of full strength, with 61% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Epsilon Eridani is a pleasant but damp world, prone to frequent mild rainstorms. The two major continents are the southern continent of Gousha, which is divided primarily into a mix of swamplands and rainforest, and the northern continent of Parassus, which is rockier and drier than Gousha but still prone to frequent rain. Located on Parassus is a large lake named Lake Arous.
- Dori: a large port city and commercial hub on the shore of Lake Arous on Parassus.
- Madison: The planetary capital city, located on Parassus, and site of a Star League mint during the Star League era.
Jihad Hot Spots: Terra states that during the Jihad, Epsilon Eridani was liberated by Group II of the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR. This has been noted to be an errata; Epsilon Eridani was actually liberated by Group III of the Federated Suns task force.
|“|| Epsilon Eridani was liberated by Group III of the Federated Suns thrust.
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 06 Aug 2012|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 238, "Epsilon Eridani"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 64, "The Korvin Doctrine"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 9, "Early TA unmanned probe discovers Eridani".
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding - [ Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 43, "5th Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 45, "Eridani E surrenders to Liao forces in 1st Succession War".
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "1st Chesterton Voltigeurs" - Unit action during the Third Succession War on Epsilon Eridani.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "Laurel's Legion" - Unit profile shows it fending off Davion attack in 3024.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 198, "Colossus"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 71, "Epsilon Eridani Liberated"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 69, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor/Clans Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 "Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 33
- Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 70, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Principes Guards"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Technical Readout: 3075