(References to Epsilon Eridani)
Epsilon Eridani neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Lorelei Benton (Governor)|
Kaleed al-Dallarah (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2208 - Terran Alliance 
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Independent World
- 3062 - Independent World
- 3067 - Independent World /Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3078 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Early History
The world known as Epsilon Eridani was first discovered in 2050 by the Terran Alliance probe Magellan Four. The Terran Alliance explorer Alana Korvin DeVall helped found the Epsilon Eridani colony at some point prior to 2208, and Epsilon Eridani was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, later becaming one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
 Amaris Civil War
During the Star League era Epsilon Eridani became the site of the Army Headquarters for the SLDF 5th Army the administrative headquarters of the first region of the Capellan Confederation and a series of training bases, many of them major. With the eruption of the Periphery Uprising in 2766 the 5th Army found itself responsible for the entire Capellan Confederation, and even though the 5th Army received some reinforcements drawn from the 1st Army this greater astrogeographical area of responsibility naturally led to the 5th Army being stretched thin.
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra his forces also swung into action on all of the other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds. This included Epsilon Eridani; despite the 5th Army being deployed across the Confederation there were still a large number of personnel from the 5th Army on Epsilon Eridani, as well as a substantial number of SLDF personnel within the support and training organizations. These people, primarily administrative, support and logistics personnel, posed a risk to the Rim Worlds Republic forces, which had already managed to occupy at least one Castle Brian on Epsilon Eridani prior to the Coup beginning.
The Republican forces hadn't been able to establish a foothold within any of the training facilities or the Military Region administrative headquarters, and as a result when they launched their campaign to take control of Epsilon Eridani they bombarded the Castle Brian housing the Military Region HQ with multiple nuclear weapons while also hitting the various training bases with a combination of nuclear and biological attacks. While these attacks were largely effective, the Republicans didn't manage to hit every training base, nor were they able to track down and hit every location where SLDF equipment was stored; they also failed to capture or destroy all of the war materiel stored across Epsilon Eridani awaiting shipping to the Periphery front. Epsilon Eridani subsequently became a hotbed for resistance against the Republican forces and Stefan Amaris as the SLDF personnel who survived the initial attacks made use of the remaining equipment to form and lead resistance groups across the planet.
 Succession Wars
With outbreak of fighting after the fall of the Star League, Epsilon Eridani surrendered itself to House Liao's Ariana Grenadiers and Justinia's Cuirassiers. This was part of House Liao's first campaign during the First Succession War to claim former Terran Hegemony worlds between 2780 and 2800.
In 3067 two mercenary units, the Lone Star Regiment and Renfield's Renegades, were battling on Epsilon Eridani when they made a significant discovery. The fighting near the Shamus Mountains unearthed an old Star League Defense Force depot hidden within the mountains. Still intact within the Depot was a functioning Colossus-class DropShip in pristine condition. Both mercenary units immediately laid claim to the DropShip, and with neither willing to compromise a gruelling combat was initiated that saw both units take heavy casualties. Ultimately, the Lone Star Regiment were the victors and recovered both the DropShip and the battlefield salvage as prizes.
 The Jihad
The Word of Blake assimilated Epsilon Eridani into their Protectorate early in the Jihad, and it would remain a Blakist world until February 3078. Forces from the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR liberated Epsilon Eridani on the 22nd of February after a fiercely fought week-long battle against the defending Blakist forces. The assault on Epsilon Eridani was one of - if not the - first assault to be performed on the Federated Suns front since command of the front passed to Marshal Jon Davion following the death of Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito on Acamar. Leading Group II of the Federated Suns front personally, Davion deployed the allied coalition forces via a combined arms sub-orbital drop strategy that he had developed during his time at Sakhara Academy, the drop allowed the coalition forces to strike directly at the Blakist leadership on Epsilon Eridani, decapitating the Word of Blake forces on the planet within the first 24 hours of combat operations and restoring civil law to the capital within a week.
The Federated Suns News Service held up the smooth transition in leadership between Sandoval-Ito and Davion as an example of how closely the Marshal of the Armies had been involved in planning the Federated Suns front of SCOUR, and held up the quick campaign by Group III as an example of how the Group was a genuinely integrated force. The FSNS also included a human interest piece to substantiate the claim for easy integration, detailing an American Football match on Epsilon Eridani on or around the 22nd of February that saw a team consisting of members of Clan Nova Cat's Delta Galaxy augmented by personnel from the Drake's Drivers mercenary unit on one side and a LAAF offensive line on the other team, backed up by runners and receivers from the Benjamin Regulars and fielding a Com Guard quarterback.
 Manufacturing Centers
 Planetary Garrison
- Redfield Renegades
- Bronson's Horde
- Wolf's Dragoons (Beta Regiment)
- Wolf Spider Battalion
 3067 to 3068
 3068 to 3070
- - At this point in time, the V Protectors was at 60% of full strength, with 61% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Nearby Planets
Jihad Hot Spots: Terra states that during the Jihad, Epsilon Eridani was liberated by Group II of the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR. This has been noted to be an errata; Epsilon Eridani was actually liberated by Group III of the Federated Suns task force.
|“|| Epsilon Eridani was liberated by Group III of the Federated Suns thrust.
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 06 Aug 2012|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 235, "Epsilon Eridani World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 64, "The Korvin Doctrine"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 69, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 9, "Early TA unmanned probe discovers Eridani".
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 43, "5th Army"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 45, "Eridani E surrenders to Liao forces in 1st Succession War".
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "1st Chesterton Voltigeurs" - Unit action during the Third Succession War on Epsilon Eridani.
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 83, "Laurel's Legion" - Unit profile shows it fending off Davion attack in 3024.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 198, "Colossus"
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 71, "Epsilon Eridani Liberated"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 70, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Technical Readout: 3075