- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3058|
|Armor||Kressly Stoneskin 30M|
|Engine||Core Tek 275|
|Communications System||Angst Clear Channel 3|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mk|
The Lineholder was the first BattleMech design to come from Kressly Warworks. The Lineholder is designed around a set of "Common Sense Rules" for 'Mech design. This approach has produced a 'Mech with a good ground speed and respectable amount of armor and firepower. The 'Mech has a top speed of 86.4 km/h, allowing it to keep up with all but the fastest light and medium 'Mechs. The Lineholder also carries ten tons of armor protection and has fourteen heat sinks. Its mix of off-the-shelf weapons and equipment makes the Lineholder a reliable 'Mech that is easy to repair and is dependable in battle. However, the ultimate selling point for the Lineholder, especially to its target audience of small units and minor nobles, is value and price. In the first year of sales, the Lineholder was historically successful compared with other 55-ton BattleMechs. For minor factions able to afford brand new BattleMechs, the Lineholder has become the garrison machine of choice.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the Lineholder are a pair of LongFire V LRM-5 launchers. These allow the Lineholder to keep an enemy at long range and enable the 'Mech to provide limited indirect fire support. The LRMs are backed up by a BlazeFire Systems Large Laser. Finally, the Lineholder carries four Intek Medium Lasers to protect itself in close combat.
- KW1-LH8 "Linebreaker"
- A recent upgrade of the Lineholder, this variant of the 'Mech carries a pair of Rotary Autocannon/2s in place of the two LRM-5 launchers and the four Medium Lasers. The LH8 also carries an ER Large Laser in place of the Large Laser. Nicknamed the "Linebreaker," this variant was designed for the Federated Suns. Following the commencement of the Jihad, however, production ceased. BV (1.0) = 1,081, BV (2.0) = 1,330
- Produced exclusively for the Word of Blake, the LHW uses the same Endo Steel chassis and Ferro-Fibrous armor that worked so well in the LH8. A direct upgrade of the LH2, the LHW mounts an ER large Laser, twin LRM-5s, and four ER Medium Lasers. The crown jewel, however, is the C3i Computer that allows the 'Mech to share target data with five other units. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,484
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 138-139, "Lineholder Profile"
- MUL online date for the [[PAGENAME}}
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 242
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 251
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 116
- Combat Operations, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 243
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 252
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 244
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 253
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 254
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223