|Chassis||Star League NCX|
|Communications System||Raldon R1 w/ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban Hirez II|
The Arbalest was first used during the Word of Blake's Jihad as Clan Nova Cat sought to improve its second-line forces. The head mounted ECM Suite was very good at disrupting Blakist targeting and communication networks. Its long-range firepower makes up for its relatively slow speed. To maximize productivity the Nova Cat engineers used less-expensive components that were available in the Inner Sphere. A standard engine, standard internal structure, and basic armor allowed the Cats to produce the 'Mech in large numbers. The Arbalest is manufactured on the Nova Cat's enclave capital Irece in the Draconis Combine and can be found throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.
The Arbalest is a light 'Mech capable of engaging an enemy at long range. The 'Mech uses its twin Mk.46 Type II LRM 10 launchers to keep an enemy at range. The Arbalest is capable of defending itself at short range with its pair of Series 2a Mk. 5 ER Medium Lasers.
- Arbalest 2 - The Arbalest 2 removes one of the LRM launchers to add a MASC system. In doing this the 'Mech is capable of disengaging an enemy that may be beyond its combat capabilities much easier than the standard Arbalest. BV (1.0) = 968, BV (2.0) = 967
- Arbalest 3 - This variation of the standard Arbalest focuses on improving the capabilities of the 'Mech by using Ferro-Fibrous Armor to increase protection. The Arbalest 3 also replaces the ECM Suite with an extra ton of armor to increase protection further. The two arm mounted lasers are swapped out for a pair of ER Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 921
 Custom Variants
- WX859-07C - The Kell Hounds' James Odom used a heavily modifed Arbalest that swapped out the standard engine and MASC system with a Vlar 125 Fusion XL and Leaper Model L5 Jump Jets. It also sports two Series 1b ER Small Lasers and two Pattern J6c Streak SRM-6 Launchers. BV = ???
 BattleMech Gallery
- ↑ MUL online date for the Arbalest
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 36
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 143
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 37
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 199
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 142
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 200