Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Record Sheets: Mech Warrior Dark Age I|
|Development||Randall N. Bills|
|Primary writing|| Loren L. Coleman |
David L. McCulloch
|Illustrations|| Matthew Plog |
Record Sheets: Mech Warrior Dark Age I was to be the first of a series of published record sheet books of vehicles, BattleMechs and infantry units from the Dark Age era. These include units that appeared in here were original released with the first game set of Mechwarrior Dark Age.
The book featured a short story by Loren L. Coleman named "Fortune's Son", first TRO fluff for the Clan Battle Armor and Hauberk Assault Battle Armor. The book includes record sheets for types of infantry units. New and old variants of vehicles and 'Mechs are introduced for first time as well.
However, poor sales caused further volumes to not be published.
From the Back Cover
|“||It is the 32nd century. After decades of peace and prosperity, interstellar communications break down and rumors of war sweep through the universe. As ancient hatreds and rivalries rear their ugly heads, people who have only known war through history books are suddenly thrust into the dark maelstrom of combat. Some fight for king and country, others for greed and power, others for love -- all will struggle to defeat those who would see them destroyed, while protecting the only homes they have known.||”|
- Hauberk Battle Armor & Clan Battle Armor (known as Clan Medium Battle Armor in later publications) were upgraded twice as battle armor rules were upgraded. Variants of both armors appeared later in both Combat Equipment & Techical Readout: 3075
- Mobile Tactical Command HQ was renamed and updated for Total Warfare use, it would later be featured in Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2.