Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle|
|Mission|| Reconnaissance, |
|Engine||GM 180 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Exeter LongScan|
|Targeting Tracking System||Standard TargetTrack|
The Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle is a light Combat Vehicle created in the last decades of the thirty-first century and used well into the next century. The vehicle began to be produced in 3087 by Brigadier Corporation on Oliver and became highly popular with many of the Inner Sphere nations, which began to adopt Combined Arms doctrine for their militaries.
Due to their popularity, they would be among forefront of scout missions, where it’s been known for different factions using these vehicles to clash during this time period. A noted action using the Shandra was noted during the Victoria War, when a House Davion employed vehicle encountered a Spider BattleMech during the conflict on Victoria. The corporal and his gunner managed to survive the encounter with the ancient 'Mech due to speed and a lucky shot that stunned the House Liao Home Guard MechWarrior.
Weapons and Equipment
The modern version of the vehicle was introduced in 3089, in which it was armed with a front mounted Four-Tube Short Range Missile Launcher, which is backed up with an ER Small Laser and a pair of Machine Guns mounted to the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle has one ton of ammo for the SRM launcher and half ton of ammo for its Machine Gun in its main body.
This wheeled vehicle is powered by a GM 180 rated fusion engine and it is protected by four tons of standard armor. Its wheeled form movement type allows the vehicle to travel quickly on paved roads, while it can still handle off-road operational areas that are needed to be scouted.
- Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle (Original)
- When it was introduced in 3087, the Shandra was lightly armed and powered by a ICE power plant. In this original incarnation it has the same armor protection and mounts the Guardian ECM Suite. However, the vehicle only had its rear mounted twin Machine Guns as its weapons. BV2(2.0)=311
The Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle was originally conceived by Wizkids for its MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its original release of the game. The figure would be used as a general combat vehicle used by a number of factions featured in the CGC game. The Shandra would first be adapted for use in the tabletop game by FanPro, when the company published its first and only adaption of Wizkids units in Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I. Later it would be adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined for use in tabletop game again the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 15 & 68 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - BV
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 338 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - Record Sheet for vehicle includes BV2.
- MUL Profile for Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle (Standard) - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 15 & 68 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - Background information
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 15 & 68 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - Stats
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 338 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - Record Sheet for vehicle includes Stats and capabilities.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 14-15 & 69 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle - BV
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 339 Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle (Original) - Record Sheet for the original version of the vehicle which includes its stats and BV2.
- MUL Profile for Shandra Advanced Scout Vehicle (Original) - BV2 and Introduction Year.