|Manufacturer||Albion Advanced Technologies and Products|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|BV (1.0)|| Flamer = 33, 199 |
Machine Gun = 31, 199
Small Laser = 37, 231
SRM = 35, 219
|BV (2.0)|| Flamer = 38, 199 |
Machine Gun = 38, 199
Small Laser = 44, 231
SRM = 42, 219
To respond to sagging morale in the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth due to large part to the Lyran secession, Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion ordered new units created that represented a visual aesthetic that appealed to many AFFC troopers. Military engineers responded with a battle armor design that was essentially a reworked version of the Inner Sphere Standard. They simply moved around some armor plates and received a unit that could jump ninety meters at a time and had enough armor to withstand a blast from a Large Pulse Laser. By 3070, all Federated Suns facilities has switched over from producing the Inner Sphere Standard to the Cavalier.
Like the Inner Sphere Standard, the Cavalier has a modular weapon mount that can accept a Flamer, Small Laser, or Machine Gun. The only actual difference between the two suits is that the Cavalier's missile launcher is an SRM-1 with three reloads. The laser is most useful against hardened targets, while the Machine Gun is highly effective against unarmored infantry. The Flamer is threatening to both.
- ↑ Handbook House Davion p.185
- ↑ Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.19
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 22
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 24
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 23
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 261
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 18-19, "Cavalier Battle Armor Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 158