- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chevalier Light Tank|
|Communications System||Dec-10 Whisperer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Blankenburg Trooper|
The Chevalier Light Tank was produced by and for the Star League. The Succession Wars devastated the stores of the Chevalier as the Successor States often cannibalized them for parts. Only Millennium Industries of Terra continued to produce the design, and that was snapped up by ComStar. Though the top speed is only 97 km/h, it is still respectable for a wheeled vehicle. It is protected by six and a half tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
Though the Chevalier's armament is weak compared to modern designs, it has an extremely ammunition-efficient design, allowing it to stay in the fight for longer than other vehicles from the same weight class. For long range, it mounts an ER Large Laser in its turret. A pair of front-mounted Streak SRM-2 allow it to exploit any holes it may have made in an opponent's armor.
- This is a Jihad era variant, that revamps the vehicle's missile fire power. Armed with the baseline vehicle's ER Large Laser, the tank's SRMs are removed for a 5-Tube Multi-Missile Launcher with 2 tons of ammunition. The vehicle's armor is increased due to the use of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous as well. BV (2.0) = 671
- This variant is one that seems odder than most. It no longer has an ER Large Laser, it was replaced by a Medium Pulse Laser, and a Guardian ECM and a Beagle Active Probe in the Turret, double heat sinks, and the two Streak SRM2 and ammunition were removed to allow for amphibious capability and a .5 ton of cargo space.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 18-19, "Chevalier Vehicle Profile"
- MUL online date for the Chevalier
- Combat Operations, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 27
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 33
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 28
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 34
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 35