|Manufacturer||WC Site 3|
|Chassis||Type AR1 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Light Force (Standard) 210|
|Communications System||K9 Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (3) Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||210 meters|
1x ER PPC
The Pack Hunter is the first new design produced by Clan Wolf-in-Exile on Arc-Royal. It also represents a new partnership between Phelan's Wolves and the Kell Hounds, as the armor and communications gear are Kell Hound products, traded to the Wolves in exchange for Endo Steel. Reflecting their Khan's bias towards light, fast designs, Wolf scientists designed the Pack Hunter to be fast and have a sharp bite. Though its four tons of armor are light, the BattleMech is supposed to use its speed and maneuverability to stay out of trouble.
Weapons and Equipment
The Pack Hunters's Ripper Series A1 ER PPC, capable of decapitating a foe in a single blast, gives any 'Mech that faces it a good reason to worry. It excels when staying at extreme range and using its speed to keep that distance between it and larger 'Mechs. However, it is hard pressed to defend itself if attacked by multiple opponents, due to its lack of secondary weapons and its light armor.
- Pack Hunter 2
- This variant was introduced during 3065. It adds an XL Engine to mount eight General Systems ER Micro Lasers and an additional double heat sink. It also carries the maximum amount of Ferro-Fibrous armor possible. Even with the additional heat sink, the Pack Hunter 2 is at risk to high heat levels. BV (1.0) = 1,464, BV (2.0) = 1,598
- Pack Hunter 3
- Introduced during the Jihad in 3068, this variant of the 2 removes half of the lasers to mount MASC, enabling the Pack Hunter to move up to 151 km/h in bursts. This has the added bonus of alleviating some of the heat problems of the first variant. BV (1.0) = 1,550, BV (2.0) = 1,747
- Pack Hunter 4
- Another Jihad variant introduced 3070, this one takes advanage of new advances in Clan technology. The mech has been fitted with lower rate XL Fusion Engine, reducing the 'Mech speed to 90 km/ph. To make up for drop in speed, the Pack Hunter is equiped with nine Improved Jump Jets. The design has been given Endo Steel and a slight increase in Ferro-Fibrous Armor. For weaponry, the 'Mech has a Clan ER Large Laser, guided by a Targeting Computer. In addition, the 'Mech has been given a Guardian ECM. BV (2.0) = 1,257
- Pack Hunter II - Originally intending to develop an upgraded OmniMech version of the original Pack Hunter, the desperation of the Jihad resulted in the Wolves-in-Exile refocusing their efforts into merely developing an improved Pack Hunter II 
- MUL online date for the Pack Hunter
- Master Unit List, "Pack Hunter introduction dates"
- Combat Operations, p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 207
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 142-143, "Pack Hunter Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 208 - 'Mech variant's era is Civil War.
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 208
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 41
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 209
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 210 - New Improved Jump Jet variant introduced in 3060u Record Sheets.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 144, "Pack Hunter II"