Pack Hunter II
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Pack Hunter II|
|Manufacturer||WC Site 3|
|Chassis||Type AR1 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Light Force (ExtraLight) 210|
|Communications System||Trueborn Ultra 945B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter 5 Dedicated TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Leaper Model, L5|
The Pack Hunter II is a light BattleMech produced by Clan Wolf-in-Exile on Arc-Royal during the Jihad. The 'Mech would first appear in combat in 3077 after a considerable amount of delays in its development. The design was originally seen as the OmniMech successor to the original Pack Hunter, however the Blakist attack against Arc-Royal and other priorities caused the delays.
The Pack Hunter II improves on its predecessor’s qualities. Among the things the 'Mech has been fitted with, the designers made a substantial improvement in armor and weaponry while retaining the original's speed. In a bid to improve survival rates of pilots, the design also includes a Full-Head Ejection System to prevent the loss of a warrior in combat.
Weapons and Equipment
Retained from the original, the 'Mech's main weapon is the Ripper Series A1 Extended Range PPC. Enhancing the 'Mech's firepower are pair of arm mounted Series 2b Extended Range Medium Lasers. The 'Mech's legs are protected from possible Battle Armor attack by having a B-Pod mounted in each leg. The 'Mech's weapons and movement heat is managed by 10 Double Heat Sinks, but it's not adequate enough to handling the 'Mech's heat load.
- Pack Hunter II 2
- A variant created in 3078 due to sabotages and shortages of XL Fusion Engines, this Mix-Tech version of the Pack Hunter II must make due with a Light Fusion Engine. Due to the weight of the Inner Sphere engine, engineers would drop both ER Medium Lasers and exchanges its B-Pods for A-Pods. However, the room made up for dropped equipment allows for it to have 5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,457
- Pack Hunter II 3
- An Experimental Tech variant developed in 3082, this version utilizes Improved Jump Jets. The variant also drops all its weapons with the exception of the ER PPC. To make room for the new Jump equipment, the 'Mech loses a ton of armor and gains an XL Gyro . BV (2.0) = 1,438
- Pack Hunter II 4
- This version of the Pack Hunter was introduced during the Dark Age in 3093. The B-Pods and ER Medium Lasers have been removed, leaving it with only a single ER PPC. In place of secondary weapons, each arm and leg has been equipped with an Actuator Enhancement System. BV (2.0) = 1,447
Dark Age Variants
- Some Dark Age variants were known to carry 8 ER Micro Lasers to compliment the single ER PPC
- Pack Hunter II Isis
- The personal Mech of Galaxy Commander Isis Bekker of Clan Ghost Bear's Omega Galaxy in 3136, this Pack Hunter II variant removes the standard weaponry of the Pack Hunter II. In its place, the 'Mech carried a Medium Pulse Laser in each arm, twin ER Micro Lasers in the right and left torso. To provide additional punch, an Artemis IV enhanced SRM-6 was mounted in the right torso. This version also carries slightly less armor than a standard Pack Hunter II. BV (2.0) = 1,276
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 144-145, "Pack Hunter II".
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 44
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 202
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 3 variant
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 144, "Pack Hunter 2 Variants" - Improved Jump Jet variant of the Pack Hunter II.
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 203
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II 4 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 87
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 22
- MUL online entry for the Pack Hunter II (Isis) variant