- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Arc-Royal neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-170.39 : 226.58[e]|
|Recharge time||184 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 Arc-Royal
- 2 Arc-Royal IV
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Industrial Centers
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Arc-Royal system is located near the Atocongo and Dukambia systems and consists of a class G3V primary orbited by at least four planets. The system had recharge stations in place at both the nadir and zenith jump points during the thirty-first century.
Planetary flag of Arc-Royal
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Deven, Thorwatch)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||32°C (Mild-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Population|| 2,096,000,000 (3055)|
Arc-Royal IV - more commonly known simply as Arc-Royal - is the fourth planet in the Arc-Royal system and was originally a quiet, pastoral world; by the end of the thirty-first century the planet was a heavily-fortified world with a significant number of important industrial facilities, and would serve as a theater capital and the homeworld of Clan Wolf-in-Exile.
Arc-Royal is a pleasant, beautiful, pastoral world with mild weather. It is also home to the Kell Hounds, one of the most legendary mercenary forces in existence, and Clan Wolf Clan-in-exile, renegade warriors of the clans. Arc-Royal is also the capital of the Lyran Alliance's Arc-Royal Theater.
Red Corsair Campaign
In September of 3055, the Kell Hounds lured the pirate band of the Red Corsair to their homeworld of Arc-Royal. While the Red Corsair expected only light resistance, a combination of both traps and a hidden force of Kell Hounds and Clan Wolf warriors two regiments strong shattered the attackers and ended the raiding days of the Red Corsair. In the end, only a few 'Mechs along with the Red Corsair herself managed to escape. 
In addition to the Kell Hounds, Clan Wolf (In-Exile) claimed the world as their home. The Warden Wolf enclave was called Wolf City and was an expansive mix of short-term and semi-permanent structures surrounded by military bases and factories. Traffic between Wolf City and the rest of Arc-Royal was tightly controlled, with Clan and Kell Hound units at checkpoints, and constant ‘Mech and battle armor patrols adding to the defense.
The lower castes of the Clan often conducted trade and maintained their contacts in the capital city, in the interest of maintaining lines of communication and coordinating the defense of the planet. Relations between the Clans and Inner Sphere natives remained tense despite this trade. The Wolf and Kell Hound warriors didn't show this type of mistrust as they often train together. It wasn't uncommon for Wolf Clan (In-Exile) representatives and instructors to be in the old city in the Warrior’s Hall.
Mercenaries who come to Arc-Royal could choose to participate in the Arc-Royal Combat Training Program at the Warrior’s Hall. Warriors and administrators could take classes through this program, with the best being drawn into the Kell Hounds. This type of training also ensured a higher quality of standards for mercenaries.
Study consisted of formal classroom studies with simulators and field exercises that sometimes included live-fire or harness action. Instructors included off-duty personnel from the Kell Hounds as well as occasional guest instructors. The classes were a well-balanced mix of tactical theory and mercenary economics, most of it assuming a previous education in a state academy or university.
Because almost all other hiring halls have been taken over or destroyed, Arc-Royal remains one of the largest mercenary hiring areas in the Inner Sphere. Because the Kell Hounds and the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces (LAAF) High Command were located here, most of the contracts were for House Steiner.
The Word of Blake launched attacks on both Arc-Royal and the Clan Wolf capital of Tamar on the 28th of December 3070. Both attacks revolved around nuclear strikes against the planet, although the Wolf-in-Exile forces managed to meet and defeat the attacks in space, before the planet could be hit.
In January 3071 Arc-Royal was host to Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion as he met with General Adam Steiner and Khan Phelan Kell. This meeting was a part of growing efforts to coordinate a mutual defense strategy and to try and contain the various border conflicts that had erupted in the early stages of the Jihad. This was followed on the 12th of April by the dispatch of a small Clan Jade Falcon force to Arc-Royal under a flag of truce.
Arc-Royal attracted the attentions of the Word of Blake in March 3072; the attack force sent to assault Arc-Royal was defeated in battles on the surface of the planet and in space by the system's defenders, costing the Word of Blake two heavy cruisers from their WarShip fleet, the Aegis-class WBS Olympic and the Agamemnon-class WBS Troy, both ships suborned from the secret Free Worlds League fleet. A third suborned heavy cruiser under Blakist control, the Agamemnon class WBS Aineas, escaped the battle but two defending Wolf-in-Exile WarShips, the Vincent Mk. 42-class corvette CWS Valiant and the Aegis-class CWS Jade Wolf were lost in the defense.
In November of the same year, Victor Steiner-Davion used the liberation of a number of political prisoners from a reeducation camp on New Home by the Free Worlds Resistance and ComStar-backed insurgents, combined with a number of other victories against the Word of Blake, to call for a summit of those resisting the Blakists to be held on Arc-Royal.
The summit called by Victor Steiner-Davion took place in January 3073 and was attended by leaders from the Lyran Alliance, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, ComStar and the Clans. Fritz Donner, the former commander of the Black Warriors unit from the Circinus Federation attended as a key witness testifying on Word of Blake operations and activities within the Word of Blake Protectorate; unknown to the other attendees, Donner had been implanted with a sophisticated suicide bomb. The bomb was detonated on the 22nd of January, killing or injuring many of the delegates and paralyzing or disrupting attempts by the various allies to coordinate efforts against the Blakists. The likely death of Khan Bjorn Jorgensson of Clan Ghost Bear in the bombing was later cited as one of the driving reasons for the ferocious campaign later waged by the Ghost Bear forces against the Word of Blake.
The military production facilities on Arc-Royal continued to expand in the aftermath of the Jihad; by 3081 the various complexes and industries were producing almost ten different BattleMechs for the Lyran Alliance as the LAAF rebuilt, in addition to those 'Mechs being produced for the Wolves-in-Exile.
- 2341 - Independent World 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3063 - Arc Royal Defense Cordon 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3145 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- Noble Ruler: Grand Duke Morgan Kell
- Seventh Lyran Guards
- Fourth Wolf Guards
- Sixth Wolf Guards
- Thirteenth Wolf Guards
- Sixteenth Wolf Guards
- First Wolf Guardians
- Second Wolf Guardians
- - At this point in time the Fighting Intellectuals were operating at 25% of full strength, with 30% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Grave Walkers
- Kell Hounds
- Wolf's Dragoons
- Golden Keshik
- Wolf Spider Keshik
- Thirteenth Wolf Guards
- Second Wolf Legion
- Kell Hounds
- Thor's Hammers (1 Battalion)
- Wolf's Dragoons (1 Regiment)
- Golden Keshik (Clan Wolf-in-Exile)
- Fourth Wolf Guards
Arc-Royal has three continents named Gerechtland, Grunwald and Gutheim.
- Mount Zugspitze: location of the ComTech plant on Gerechtland.
- New Hanover: location of the Arc-Royal MechWorks plant and the Kell Refit Facilities on Gutheim.
- Old Connaught: the planetary capital city, located on Gutheim. Old Connaught is a city with the appearance of a homey small town reminiscent of nineteenth-century Germany. During the thirty-first century most of the city’s inhabitants are proud of their Lyran heritage and their link to the Kell Hounds, who were stewards for the planet. Kell Hound troops, often backed by Lyran military or local police, were a common sight on the streets, but few find their presence intimidating. Mercenaries arriving on Arc-Royal had to register with the Old Connaught’s Visitors Center at the nearby spaceport, where they could also stow their machines and leave all but one sidearm before venturing into the city. This kept the atmosphere in the capital peaceful, even with local Clansmen visiting the city.
- Wolf City: heart of the Clan Wolf-in-Exile enclave on Arc-Royal.
- Arc-Royal MechWorks
- Kell Refit Facilities
- TharHes Industries
- WC Aerospace Annex
- WC Auxiliary Factory Epsilon
- WC Site 1
- WC Site 2
- WC Site 3
- WC Site 4
- Winston-CherrySeed Consolidated
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Yeguas||56.0||Summit||56.2||Beta Regulus II||58.7||Cameron||59.4|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 84, "Planet Profile"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 30, "Arc-Royal"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 22, "Arc-Royal"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their Founding  Map"
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair, p. 5, "Planet Atlas"
- Operational Turning Points:The Red Corsair, p. 8
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 22, "Fleet Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17-18, "Righteous Fury"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 85, "Donegal Province"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 68, " Mercenary Deploxment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18, "Irregular Forces Regimental Status"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 22, "Clan Wolf-in-Exile Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 160, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 161, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 129, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 22
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 23
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Aerospace Annex"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Auxiliary Factory Epsilon"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Site 1"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Site 2"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Site 3"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 31, "WC Site 4"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- Operational Turning Points: Red Corsair
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Objectives: The Clans