|Fighting Intellectuals: Rocky Start|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Shinto Kubusaka|
Shinto Kubusaka graduated from the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy, and he formed the command after he retired from DCMS service. On Outreach he collected enough troops to fill a combined arms unit. Backed by the "farm team" project of the Kell Hounds, they raided a pro-Katrina base. Their next job brought them into combat again with the LAAF (specifically the 3rd Donegal Guards), but this time the battle cost them much of their equipment.
During the opening months of the Jihad they were tasked to provide security to Atocongo, where they saved General Adam Steiner from a bombing. This suicide bomb cost the Intellectuals their commanding officer, and injured several other officers. When the unit's former XO had recuperated, he voluntarily extended the Intellectuals' service to the LAAF, overriding their original three-year contract.
As the Jihad entered its closing stages in 3079 rumors were circulating amongst the LAAF that the Fighting Intellectuals had been approached to either join the rebuilding Kell Hounds or to join a line regiment within the LAAF, in a fashion possibly similar to that adopted by the One-Eyed Jacks.
The unit has not yet developed any special maneuvers or tendencies.
Dragoon Rating: C
-The unit is a mix of 'Mechs with some advanced technology.
Soaring Intellectuals(2 Air Lances/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Captain Ronnie Hartland
- - 1 lighter lance provides reconnaissance and the over cover /protection for the DropShips.
- CO: Sergeant Waldo Ferrigno
- - 2 jump able and 2 motorized squads provide security for the rest of the command.
Fighting Intellectuals (Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point the Fighting Intellectuals were stationed on Arc-Royal and were at 25% of full strength, and 30% of their equipment featured advanced technology.
- In addition to any other rules the Fighting Intellectuals also gain the Overrun Combat special ability when fighting Word of Blake forces.
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 53
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 67, "Unit Profile"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18, "Mercenaries"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 124, "Fighting Intellectuals (B)"