|Chassis||Series III Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Circe Special MilComm|
|Targeting Tracking System||DeadEye Superlock 18K|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||120 meters|
The Hunchback IIC is a Clan-tech refit of the venerable Hunchback. Its meager six tons of armor, coupled with paltry ammunition and lack of long-range weapons, led Inner Sphere observers to conclude that this 'Mech was a last-ditch effort for failed warriors to die with glory. In truth, the assignment of a Hunchback IIC was essentially a death sentence. Warriors given this machine were not expected to survive their next battle. However, despite the attrition rates expected for pilots of this BattleMech, the number of Hunchback IICs within all Clans has remained more or less constant, a surprisingly high 3% of the entire touman of each Clan.
After the actions of a star of Smoke Jaguar Warden MechWarriors, however, this 'Mech has become popular with Clan Jade Falcon sibbies during their first Trial of Position as it often allows them one quick kill, though the practice is often derided by older Clanners. Perhaps the only bright spot in this design is the inclusion of jump jets that allow it to more easily traverse difficult terrain so that it can bring its mammoth guns into play.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hunchback IIC is armed with a pair of Devastator Ultra AC/20s, one of the most powerful weapons in the Clan arsenal. This is backed up by a mere pair of Series 7J ER Medium Lasers. Completely eschewing long-range weapons and armor, the Hunchback IIC can scarcely expect to stand up in a pitched battle. Instead, it is designed for the one-on-one dueling that is so popular within the Clans.
- Hunchback IIC 2
- Like their Inner Sphere counterparts, Hunchback IICs mounting smaller weaponry are frequently referred to as Swayback IICs. This Hunchback IIC 2, a Crusader variant, utilizes four Heavy Large Lasers that can quickly cause a debilitating heat-induced shutdown. As secondary weapons the variant includes two Medium Pulse Lasers. The nineteen double heat sinks cannot handle the heat build up for long. BV (2.0) = 1,578, BV (2.0) = 1,869
- Hunchback - The Hunchback IIC is based on the Reunification War-era Hunchback street fighting BattleMech.
- MUL online date for the Hunchback IIC
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 172-173, "Hunchback IIC Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 219
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 140
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 168, "Hunchback IIC"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 220
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 221
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 142
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged β Old is the New New, p. 140