|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability|| Clan = 2826
IS = 3058
|Short Range|| Clan = 1-4
IS = 1-3
|Medium Range|| Clan = 5-8
IS = 4-6
|Long Range|| Clan = 9-12
IS = 7-9
|Tons|| Clan = 3
IS = 4.5
|Ammo Per Ton||15|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||54,000|
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 119
IS = 89
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 118
IS = 89
Streak Missile Launcher technology was developed and applied to the SRM-2 by the Terran Hegemony in 2647. It was not until around 2820 that the Clans applied the technology to larger launchers. Streak technology ensures that all missile tubes acquire a target lock before its missiles fire. This improvement upon standard Short-Range Missiles conserves ammunition and eliminates unnecessary heat buildup.
The Streak SRM-6 is the largest and heaviest of the Streak launchers.
In the years between the Second Exodus and the beginning of Operation KLONDIKE the nascent Clans began development of what would become the Streak SRM 6. Experimental prototype versions of this new weapon were used during Operation KLONDIKE in small quantities. The Clan Prototype Streak SRM 6 available during this period has identical stats to the standard Inner Sphere SRM 6 (not the Streak SRM 6), with the following differences:
- The Clan Prototype Streak SRM 6 receives a -1 modifier to attack rolls.
- The Clan Prototype Streak SRM 6 applies a +4 modifier to the Cluster Hits Table when determining the number of hits from a successful attack.
- The Clan Prototype Streak SRM 6 has a weight of 4.5 tons.
- The Clan Prototype Streak SRM 6 takes up 2 critical slots.
Streak SRM-6 is manufactured on the following planets:
|Pattern J7||Irece||Barcella Beta|
The Streak SRM-6 has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 156-157, "Prototype Clan Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48, "AS7-D3 Atlas"