|Manufacturer||Robinson Standard BattleWorks, |
|Chassis||Foundation 12X Endo Steel|
|Armor||Starshield Special Heavy with CASE II|
|Communications System||Rander Comm-Marshal with Angel ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez V|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
A product of Robinson Standard BattleWorks on Robinson, the Atlas III is an Assault Class BattleMech produced during the middle of the thirty-second century. The AS7-D3 version of this generation of the Atlas was constructed with a mixture of Advanced Clan and Inner Sphere technologies. When it was first produced, the D3 was rare among ranks of the AFFS and its ally, the Republic of the Sphere, used a Battalion and Regimental leaders as a Command 'Mech. It is unclear if the D3 model of the 'Mech remained in production after the Draconis Combine's capture of Robinson in 3144.
 Weapons and Equipment
The D3's construction reflects its intended role as a (almost) custom design for Commanders. The 'Mech is designed for punishing attacks, while retaining the survivability and speed of the original Atlas. Engineers used 19.5 ton of Standard Armor fitted to an Endo Steel skeleton. For the MechWarrior’s protection, the Atlas III employs an Armored Cockpit and a pair of Small Shields, one fitted on each of its arms. An advanced Angel ECM Suite is fitted in the 'Mech, giving it a range of abilities to handle some high-tech threats. The 'Mech is powered by the tried and true 300 rated Vlar Fusion Engine, which gives it modest speeds and adequate protection on the battlefield. Along with the 'Mech's 12 Double Heat Sinks, a Radical Heat Sink System has been fitted in order to help manage the 'Mech's heat.
The Atlas III's weaponry is geared toward long and short range engagements. Its primary weaponry consists of a side-torso mounted Clan-built StarTek 20-Tube Streak Long Range Missile Launcher, with two tons of ammunition. Backing the Launcher is a Mydron Model RD Rotary Class 2 Autocannon, found in the right arm actuator with two tons of ammunition. For intermediate and short range engagements the 'Mech can rely on four Martell-X Medium X-Pulse Lasers and a single Type VI 6-tubed Streak SRM Launcher with a single ton of ammunition. Each of the 'Mech's side torsos have CASE II equipment fitted into them, protecting the torso ammunition bays from crippling the 'Mech.
- The D2 variant is intended for frontline use instead of the rare D3's command role. This model retains the D3's Streak LRM, Streak SRM-6, and two of the Medium X-Pulse Lasers found in the left arm. The D2 drops the Rotary Autocannon for the intermediate firepower of a powerful Clan Class 30 Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle. To make room for the mammoth weapon, both Small Shields are dropped. Its four tons of ammunition and missile launchers' ammunitions continue to be protected by the CASE II found in both torsos. A Targeting Computer is fitted to the D3 to aid in the targeting of an enemy unit. BV(2.0)=2,890
 Related BattleMechs
- AS7-D Atlas - The first generation of the Atlas produced at the pinnacle of the Star League era, designed according to specifications by General Aleksandr Kerensky to look "...as ugly and foreboding as conceivable, so that fear itself will be our ally." The design was used mostly by the SLDF's regular army, but would ultimately be used by the Great Houses after the SLDF Exodus.
- AS7-D-H Atlas II - The next evolution designed shortly after the original Atlas. This model was used almost exclusively by the SLDF Royal Regiments.
Created simply as the "Atlas", the Atlas III was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its Wolf Strike expansion set as second version of Atlas they produced. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Atlas III is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- ↑ MUL online date for the Atlas III
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48-49 Atlas III - "BV2"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 218
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48 Atlas III - "Background"
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p.50 Fed Suns Map 3145 - Robinson falls to Draconis Combine in 3144.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48-49, 103 Atlas III - "Stats"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48 & 102 - Atlas III "Variant Info"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 217