|Manufacturer||Hegemony Research and Development Department, Weapons Division (New Earth), Defiance Industries (Hesperus II)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Foundation Type 10X|
|Armor||StarSlab/2 Ferro Fibrous with CASE|
|Communications System||Army Comm Class 5|
|Targeting Tracking System||Army Corporation Type 29K|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
First fielded in 2765, the Atlas II was designed by the Hegemony Research and Development Department, Weapons Division of the original Star League to maintain the technological edge over the other Great Houses. It was exclusively for the SLDF's Royal Regiments.
In 2785, when General Aleksandr Kerensky put out his call for loyal forces to join him in his Exodus, every Atlas II pilot responded and left with him, leaving none of these designs behind. These 'Mechs are prized by the Clans when they were found. One such 'Mech was spotted in 3052 during the Battle of Tukayyid.
In the early 3070s, the design was resurrected by the Word of Blake when they captured Hesperus II's factories. After the liberation of Defiance Industries, Devlin Stone's coalition forces kept the 'Mechs in production.
Weapons and Equipment
The Atlas II is armed with an array of weaponry, including an LB-X Autocannon/10, a pair of ER Large Lasers, and a 20-tube Long Range Missile Launcher for long range attacks. For close range combat, the 'Mech is equipped with a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and a Holly Six Pack. In addition, the 'Mech has been given CASE for both sides of the torso in order to keep an ammunition cook-off from consuming the 'Mech.
The weapons payload gives the design more broad range attack ability versus the Atlas's brawling weaponry and its limited long range attack capacities.
- AS7-D-H Devlin
- Used by Devlin Stone, this Atlas variant used a combination of Clan and Inner Sphere technology to maximize survival. The ER Large Lasers, XL Engine, and heat sinks came from Clan sources. A Heavy Duty Gyro is also fitted to enhance survivability. The LRM and SRM launchers have been replaced by a single MML-9 with an Artemis IV system. CASE II protects each side torso from ammunition explosions, an Angel ECM suite foils Blakist communications gear, and for additional protection the left torso carries an Anti-Missile System. For additional protection the cockpit, sensors, and life support system in the head are all armored. BV (2.0) = 2,491
- AS7-D-H Kerensky
- The custom version used by Nicholas Kerensky, this version of the Atlas II retains the weapon array of the original but swaps the Inner Sphere components for more advanced Clan equivalents. It also adds a second SRM launcher. All the missile systems are equipped with Artemis IV fire control systems. Double heat sinks were replaced with their less bulky Clan equivalents and increased to nineteen. The ferro-fibrous armor protection remains the same, but again was replaced by more compact Clan version. To handle electronic warfare duties, a small ECM Suite and Active Probe were added to the center torso. The CASE systems were integrated into the side torsos, as was common to all Clan designs. BV (2.0) = 2,777
- Devlin Stone began piloting an Atlas II shortly after his coalition retook Defiance Industries from the Word of Blake during the Jihad.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 184, "The Atlas II was in its first stages of deployment when the New Vandenburg Revolt sparked off the Periphery uprisings in 2765.
- MUL online date for the Atlas II
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 184, "AS7-D-H Atlas II"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 186
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 67
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 187
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 68
- Total Chaos, p. 255
- Operational Turning Points: Widowmaker Absorption, p. 29
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 31 "Mopping up - Confessions"