Robinson Standard BattleWorks
|Robinson Standard BattleWorks|
Originally a minor equipment supplier, the company was one of many who was expanded and upgraded to BattleMech manufacture in midst of the Clan Invasion. With First Prince Hanse Davion stripping away front-line units from the Draconis March to fight the advancing Clans, the First Prince responded to Duke Aaron Sandoval demands recompense by agreeing to share the financing for development and production of brand new BattleMech to suit the needs of militia units of the March, the Watchman. Building on this, RSB has expanded to manufacture other highly advanced designs in less than a decade.
Despite the company's increasing success, RSB is somewhat of a pariah within its own nation, virtually ignored by the AFFS Department of the Quartermaster and all but denied the support lavished by the New Avalon Institute of Science on other manufacturers. The situation is so bad that RSB has increasingly turned to manufacturers outside the Federated Suns, such licensing 'Mech designs from Free Worlds League based Kong Interstellar Corporation and Extended-Range Lasers from the Outworlds Alliance based Lushann Industries Limited, to access equipment other defense manufacturers take for granted.
Part of the reason for this is RSB's links to House Sandoval, while a publicly traded corporation they maintain a controlling interest in it, exercising near total control of its output, dolling out production only to units who show loyalty to the Draconis March and its hatred of the Draconis Combine. 
During the Jihad the factory took a great deal of damage. Many of the production lines were damaged, and by 3079 the factory could only produce the Argus, Atlas, and Sentry 'Mechs. Another line was available to refit Ostols. RSB was working to restore the Black Knight line next.
By 3085 Robinson were attempting to capitalize on the new interest being shown in light cavalry BattleMechs. While the light class of BattleMechs had begun to wither in the wake of the Clan Invasion as heavier designs became more mobile, the need for whatever war materiel could be produced during the Jihad had resulted in light 'Mechs gaining more attention, aided by some notable successes. The net result of this was production of the Cuirass.
Robinson Standard BattleWorks has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- Handbook House Davion, p. 174, "Robinson Standard BattleWorks Manufacturer Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 23
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 26, "Overview"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 86, "Produced Sentry Components"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 30, "Produced Watchman Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 76, "Produced Argus Components"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 98, "Produced Sagittaire Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 26, "Produced Cuirass 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 48, "Produced Atlas III Components"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 92
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 93
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 94
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 95
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 44
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 36
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 102