|Manufacturer||Robinson Standard BattleWorks|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Dorwinion Hyperactive 3 Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 240 XL|
|Communications System||Achernar Electronics HICS-15|
|Targeting Tracking System||Federated Hunter Type 3|
|Jump Jets||Robinson-Liberty Model 12|
Built on the same chassis as the Sentry and Watchman BattleMechs, the Cuirass is designed for the cavalry role. Its higher ground speed allows it to quickly strike at an enemy formation's flanks and withdraw. Though slower than lighter cavalry units, the 180 meter jump range offsets this disadvantage. To make room for the weapons and engine, the Cuirass uses an XL Gyro, XL Engine, and Endo Steel construction. Though the autocannon ammunition is protected by CASE, pilots should remember that the eight tons of armor is not enough to stop heavy weapons fire. The use of the extralight engine and gyro also make the 'Mech vulnerable to penetrating armor shots. Another drawback is the use of single heat sinks on the 'Mech. Though this reduces cost, MechWarriors who are careless with their heat management can quickly find themselves shut down.
Weapons and Equipment
The Cuirass main armament is the Rotary AC/5 carried in the left arm. Identical to the weapon used on the Legionnaire and Blade BattleMechs, this weapon can easily knock smaller opponents right off their feet. Three tons of ammunition keeps the Cuirass fighting for a long time. Unlike the Legionnaire the Cuirass can close with an enemy unit and finish it off with either its ER Medium Laser or (if it needs to cool down) the two ton Sword mounted in the right arm.
- This version of the Cuirass introduced in 3119 uses double heat sinks to address the heat issue of the original design. It also removes the standard weaponry and replaces it with four Magshots, an ER Small Laser, and two Medium X-Pulse Lasers. The Sword is replaced with a Medium Vibroblade. This version also carries a Boosted C3 Slave to share targeting information with friendly forces. BV (2.0) = 990
This 'Mech was introduced in MechWarrior: Age of Destruction as Duke Aaron Sandoval's BattleMech, but wasn't given stats or fluff information until Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 26-27, "CDR-1X Cuirass"
- online entry for the Cuirass
- /MUL online entry for the Cuirass CDR-2BC3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 103
- /MUL online entry for the Cuirass CDR-2X variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 104