|Manufacturer||Robinson Standard BattleWorks|
|Chassis||Dorwinion hyperactive 3 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Starshield A with CASE|
|Communications System||Achernar Electronics HICS-15|
|Targeting Tracking System||Federated Hunter Type 3|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 12|
The Sentry was developed under pressure from the Draconis and Capellan marches for a more advanced 'Mech to defend the borders of the Federated Suns. The 'Mech is built on a light weight Dorwinion hyperactive 3 Endo Steel chassis. This chassis saves weight, allowing the 'Mech to carry heavier weapons and equipment. The Sentry is powered by a Nissan 200 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 86.4 km/h that is augmented by five HildCo Model 12 jump jets that make it possible for the Sentry to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. To compensate for its less than average mobility, the Sentry has an impressive eight and a half tons of Starshield A armor that has been fitted with CASE to protect the 'Mech from an ammunition explosion.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sentry has a diverse mix of weapons that allow it to carry out a wide variety of missions. For anti-'Mech and vehicle combat the Sentry carries a Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon PPC and a pair of Magna 200P Small Pulse Lasers which can double as anti-infantry weapons. For anti-infantry and crowd control missions, the Sentry has a quartet of Sperry Browning Machine Guns and a Zippo Flamer.
- This variant, introduced during the Jihad, uses advanced technology. Major changes to allow more equipment include the introduction of a Light Fusion Engine and a Heavy Duty Gyro. This new configuration allowed for a slight increase in the 'Mech's armor protection, with help from Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. All of the 'Mech's original weaponry is removed and replaced. The left arm now has a Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser with a pair of Magshots. In the right arm, there are a pair of ER Medium Lasers. The left torso has retained its CASE protection to keep the 'Mech safe in the event of a Magshot ammunition explosion. BV (2.0) = 1,143
- Watchman - Itself a variation on the classic Enforcer BattleMech, the Sentry was built around the same engine, armor, and jump jets as the Watchman. To reduce costs, the Sentry is also armed with weapons systems easily found within the Federated Suns.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 86-87, "Sentry Profile"
- MUL online entry for Sentry
- Combat Operations, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 126 - Jihad variant of the Sentry from PDF only Record Sheet.