|Manufacturer||Achernar BattleMechs, Robinson Standard BattleWorks|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||1A Type 12 Endo Steel|
|Armor||StarGuard II with CASE|
|Engine||GM 300 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Achernar Electronics HID-8.7|
Originally designed as an OmniMech, the Argus was developed in a joint venture between Achernar BattleMechs and Robinson Standard BattleWorks and was submitted as an OmniMech to the Department of the Quartermaster which rejected the design. Achernar and Robinson modified the 'Mech and resubmitted it as a standard BattleMech that was quickly picked up by the AFFC. The Argus is built around a lightweight GM 300 XL engine that gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h while sacrificing some survivability. The 'Mech is built on a 1A Type 12 Endo Steel chassis that saves weight for armor, weapons, and equipment. The Argus is protected by twelve-and-a-half tons of StarGuard II armor with CASE to protect against complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion. The Argus is also fitted with a Beagle Active Probe which makes it capable of finding hidden enemy units and helps protect the Argus from being ambushed.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Argus is first and foremost a close combat 'Mech. For this reason, the Argus carries a Mydron Model RC Rotary Autocannon/5 which is capable of firing at up to six times the normal rate of a standard autocannon, making it highly destructive at close range. This is backed up by two Bright-Bloom ER Medium Lasers for close combat. The Argus has a single Mydron Minigun Machine Gun to defend itself against unarmored infantry attacks, and also has a Federated 10-shot LRM-10 launcher which provides the Argus with some long range striking capabilities. The Rotary Autocannon/5 and the ER Medium Lasers are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer which makes them extremely accurate.
- The 2D variant of the Argus was the originally planned primary configuration of the OmniMech version. The 2D removes the entire 'Mech's arsenal and is outfitted for long range combat. For direct fire the 2D has a single ER PPC capable of striking down opponents at extreme ranges. The 2D also has two LRM-15 launchers with Artemis IV fire control for greater missile accuracy. BV (1.0) = 1,360, BV (2.0) = 1,566
- The Argus 5D drops all the standard weaponry and equipment. In its place are a Heavy PPC, two Streak SRM-6 launchers, and a pair of Medium Lasers. The Targeting Computer remains, and this variant is capable of bursts of speed over 100km/h thanks to a MASC system. The 5D also has a C3 Slave Unit mounted in its head. BV (2.0) = 2,065
- The 6F Argus was introduced during the Jihad. During this time, the XL Fusion engine of the original was replaced by a Light Fusion Engine. The increased weight of this engine required the engineers to remove several weapons. The 6F carries a pair of Medium Lasers and an SRM-6, but most of its firepower is found in the right arm Autocannon/20. The 6F is protected by Light Ferro-Fibrous armor, and carries ten double heat sinks. BV(2.0)=1,524
 Non-Canon Variants
- The 3D variant changes it to a long range combat 'Mech. Its primary weapons are a pair of Ultra Autocannon/5's and an LRM-10 missile launcher. It has a pair of Medium Lasers for support and a Machine Gun array to deter infantry attacks.
- Note: The 3D version of the Argus came from the variant in MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries game.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Argus
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3067, p. 77
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 100
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 119
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 126
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 118
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 120
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 121
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 86
- ↑ Master Unit List, "Argus AGS-8DX"