- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Robinson Standard BattleWorks|
|Chassis||Skuel Heavy TRQ|
|Armor||Starshield Special Heavy|
|Engine||Pitban 285 XL|
|Communications System||Sony MSF-31|
|Targeting Tracking System||Federated Stalker w/Targeting Module|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||HildCo LFT 9-X|
The Sagittaire is built to fight in the confines of an urban battlefield. Weighing in at a massive ninety-five tons, the Sagittaire started production in mid 3063 and began to trickle out to units clamoring for close combat 'Mechs in the midst of the FedCom Civil War. As a power source, the 'Mech has a Pitban 285 XL engine. The XL engine saves weight at the cost of survivability and gives the 'Mech a top speed of 54.0 km/h while its mobility is enhanced with three HildCo LFT 9-X jump jets, allowing the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters. The Sagittaire has seventeen double heat sinks to handle its massive heat load, and is protected by eighteen tons of Starshield Special Heavy armor, allowing the 'Mech to stand up to a great deal of punishment in spite of its engine.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sagittaire has a large and varied arsenal built around energy weapons. For long-range combat, it has a single Defiance 1001 ER PPC. Once the Sagittaire gets its opponent in medium to close ranges it can bring its full fury to bear. Its primary weapons are a pair of Magna 900P Large Pulse Lasers backed up by five Magna 600P Medium Pulse Lasers, two of which are rear mounted, and finally a single Magna 200P Small Pulse Laser. All of these weapons are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, allowing the Sagittaire to eviscerate its opponents in close combat.
- The Medium Pulse Lasers have been traded for Medium Lasers but the Small Pulse Laser and ER PPC remain in place. All the other weapons have been replaced by a pair of LB 10-X autocannons and a C3 Master Computer. The lighter heat load allowed engineers to remove four double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 2,064
- This variant uses a Light Fusion Engine to increase survivability. All the weapons have been removed and replaced with four Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers and two Light PPCs. Five Improved Jump Jets allow the massive Sagittaire to cover 150 meters, and eighteen double heat sinks keep the pilot cool. BV (2.0) = 1,794
- This variant uses an Endo Composite structure and Small Cockpit. This frees enough weight to replace the weapons with two Large Re-engineered Lasers, an ER Large Laser, three Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers, and a Medium X-Pulse Laser. A Boosted C3 Slave is mounted in the head. Fourteen double heat sinks are boosted by a Radical Heat Sink System. This Sagittaire can also cover 90 meters in a single jump. BV (2.0) = 1,875
- MUL online date for the Sagittaire
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 172
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 23, No mention of Sagittaire found.
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 173
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 174
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades