- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Mission||Main Battle Tank|
|Armor||Starshield Type V Standard|
|Engine||240 Ceres I.C.E.|
|Speed||65 kph km/h|
|Communications System||CeresCom Model 37-P|
|Targeting Tracking System||Ceres/Maladev 3|
While often derided as a poor man's Rommel/Patton tank, the simply constructed and dependable Po Heavy Tank, named by Romano Liao for the mischievous and vengeful spirit of Chinese tradition, has become the principal combat vehicle on Capellan worlds lacking 'Mech units.
Desperate to rebuild after the devastation wrought on Capellan Confederation by the Fourth Succession War, Chancellor Romano Liao sent out call for affordable weapons with which to defend her realm. An up and coming military weapon designer, and more importantly Liao's paramour at the time, named Ivan Maladev took a page from history of ancient Terran Soviet Union and designed what would become the Po. Even with the design hastily rushed into production, due to Capellan court intrigue he never survived to see how popular his design would become. 
Introduced in 3038, the Po is built around the rugged, dependable and cheap Ceres 240 internal combustion engine, which gives the tank a maximum flank speed of 65 kph. Ten and half tons of armor provides respectable protection for a heavy tank. Along with its ease of maintenance and decent firepower, this protection has made the Po a popular choice among cash strapped mercenaries, lower ranked garrison units, the Free Worlds League and Word of Blake, with such export sales keeping much needed funds flowing into the Confederation's coffers. 
Weapons and Equipment
The Po carries an uninspired but serviceable weapon array, main offensive punch coming from a turret mounted Ceres Arms Model T Class 10 autocannon. A weapon with an excellent combat record, the Model T makes the Po a serious combat threat to light and medium 'Mechs. Two Maxi Mini Machine Guns - one turret-mounted alongside the autocannon and another mounted in a ball joint on the front of the Po - constitute the tank's secondary weapons. 
- LB 10-X Variant
- Introduced in 3069 and seen in large numbers in the CCAF's "shadow lances", this variant replaces the standard autocannon with an Oriente Model O Class LB 10-X AC, the weight saved being devoted to an extra ton of autocannon rounds, allowing it to use both standard and cluster rounds and doubling its combat endurance.  BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 778
- HV Variant (Production)
- The production version of the HV Variant keeps the same weapons, but trades the fusion engine of the prototype for a Fuel Cell Engine. This reduces the weight of the engine and reduces the cost of the tank. To fill the weight left by the smaller engine, designers fitted an extra three and a half tons of Hardened Armor, bringing the total armor weight to fourteen tons. BV (2.0) = 1,021
- Po II - A late Jihad upgrade to the original Po tank, the so-called Po II was an advanced and expensive version of the cheap and simplistic original.
- MUL online date for the Po
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry, p. 22
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 100
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 10
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 53
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 56-57
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 100-101