|Mission||Close Range/Urban Combat|
|Armor||14 tons Standard|
|Communications System||TharHes Muse 54-58K|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Mars5|
Designed concurrently with the Rommel, Defiance Industries decided that a vehicle to replace 'Mechs was needed in the early 3000s. Since 'Mech production was nearly at a standstill, the ability to produce and field armored vehicles became a necessity no Successor State could ignore.
The strength of the Patton is shown in its great urban warfare abilities. A Patton may lie in wait down an alley or other concealment, then use its devastating armament to cripple or destroy a 'Mech. The main advantage the Patton has over other, older designs is a combination of higher speed and more armor. With even more armor than a Demolisher tank, the Patton can take more punishment, yet slip away faster to fight again from another position.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Patton uses a single Defiance Killer Type T Autocannon/10 as its main armament. While not able to as easily cripple light and medium 'Mechs as the Rommel's AC/20, combined with a Coventry Five-Tube LRM-5, the AC/10's longer range allows it to strike and keep enemies at a distance while retreating to another position. To counter attacking infantry, the Patton is equipped with both a turret mounted Defiance ASL Small Laser and a front mounted HotShot Flamer.
- Patton Ultra
- This variant of the Patton replaces the standard weaponry with a turret-mounted Ultra AC/10 and a pair of Medium Lasers to support it. For anti-infantry work, the Patton Ultra has three Machine Guns: One covers the rear while the other two cover the front of the tank. BV (2.0) = 1,160
- This version of the Patton was built with the intent of functioning in hostile environments like the vacuum of space. Environmental Sealing protects the crew from hostile environments. An XL Fusion Engine with Supercharger allows the Patton-SB to perform sprints of up to 86km/h to reposition quickly. It retains the LRM-5, but replaces the other weaponry with a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle with three tons of ammunition. The tank is protected by eleven and a half tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,468
 Related Designs
- Rommel - The Rommel tank is built on the same chassis, but carries an massive Autocannon/20. While giving the Rommel signifcant short range firepower, backed up by a LRM-5 and Small Laser, the heavier weapon forces a reduction in armor to a still quite respectable 11.5 tons.
- Axel - Produced in a Mark I and a Mark II version on Spittal by Benson and Bjorn since the inception of the Free Rasalhague Republic, the Axel tanks are internal-combustion-engine variants of the Rommel and Patton designs, respectively.
 Design Quirks
- ↑ MUL online date for the Patton
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 120
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 156
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery, p. 9
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 50, "Defense Industry"