- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Axel Mk 1|
|Production Year||3036 (production year reference)|
|Mission||Close Range/Urban Combat|
The Axel Mk 1 heavy tank is based on the popular Rommel design, but uses an internal combustion engine. To make room for the engine, the tank is only protected by ten and a half tons of armor. The internal combustion engine also reduces the top speed of the tank to 54 km/h. The tank was produced by engineers working for the Free Rasalhague Republic. Despite the lighter armor and lower top speed, the Axel family was widely used by the Free Rasalhague Republic.
Weapons and Equipment
The Axel Mk 1 retains the heavy hitting AC/20 of the Rommel, and upgrades the LRM system to a ten tube launcher. A Machine Gun mounted in the bow of the tank allows the driver to engage infantry units, while a second machine gun is added to the turret. The LRM has two tons of ammuntion available, while the autocannon has four tons of ammo. A half ton of machine gun ammunition is provided.
- Axel IIC (Standard)
- Created during the Jihad, this version of the Axel uses a Fusion Engine to reach a top speed of 64km/h. The weaponry has been completely replaced with Clan equipment. The weapons include an AP Gauss Rifle, Large Pulse Laser, and two LRM-15 missile launchers equipped with Artemis IV fire control systems. The tank is protected by an ECM Suite, CASE and eleven and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,612
- Axel IIC (XL)
- Also introduced during the Jihad, this version of the Axel uses an XL Fusion Engine to reach a top speed of 84km/h. Like the standard Axel IIC, the tank is protected by an ECM Suite, CASE and eleven and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The weapons include an AP Gauss Rifle, ER Large Laser, and two LRM-15 missile launchers equipped with Artemis IV fire control systems. It also carries an advanced Targeting Computer. BV (2.0) = 2,003