Light Gauss Rifle
|Light Gauss Rifle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||16|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||20,000|
The Light Gauss Rifle was introduced in 3056 by the Free Worlds League. It functions identically to a Gauss Rifle, electromagnetically accelerating a slug to high speeds to cause massive damage at long range. As its name suggests, however, the Light Gauss Rifle is designed to be more compact, allowing Gauss Rifles to be mounted on smaller combat units. The slug and damage caused by the miniaturized rifle decreased in size, though the rifle is able to propel the smaller slug farther. Also similar to a standard Gauss Rifle, a Light Gauss Rifle that is struck with a critical hit releases its stored energy and damages the unit it is mounted in, though the Light Gauss Rifle deals less damage corresponding to its lesser size.
The Light Gauss Rifle is manufactured on the following planets:
|Zeus||Stewart||Corean Enterprises||???|||
|Imperator Type II||Irian||Brooks Incorporated||Main Gauche Light Support Tank|||
|Imperator Automatic Weaponry Light Gauss Rifles||???||Imperator Automatic Weaponry||Moltke Main Battle Tank|||
The Light Gauss Rifle has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 219, "Light Gauss Rifle"
- TechManual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 139, "Light Gauss Rifle"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 10, "Main Gauche"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 113, "Moltke"