|Chassis||Norse Heavy XT2-1A Endo Steel|
|Armor||Valiant Lamellor with CASE|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 54|
Built with the intention of showing solidarity in the spirit of the new Star League, the Black Watch is the cumulation of the efforts of Cosara Weaponries, the Northwind Highlanders, and Captain Neil Campbell of the Royal Black Watch. The Black Watch is built on the same chassis as the classic Crockett which served with distinction in the old Star League Defense Force. The 'Mech is powered by the rugged and durable Strand 255 fusion engine, giving the Black Watch a top speed of 54.0 km/h. For added mobility, the Black Watch has three Rawlings 54 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters. The Black Watch has ten double heat sinks that are more than adequate for the needs of the Black Watch and has fifteen tons of Valiant Lamellor armor with CASE to protect the 'Mech from ammunition explosions.
The Black Watch carries a Imperator Light Gauss Rifle as its primary weapon, allowing the Black Watch to engage an enemy at up to seven hundred and fifty meters. This is backed up by an Imperator Automatic Ultra Autocannon/10 that can fire at twice the rate of fire as a standard autocannon. For medium to short ranges, the Black Watch has a Shigunga MRM-40 launcher. The Black Watch has received some criticism due to its heavy reliance on ammunition based weapons. To make the most of them, the Black Watch carries a C3 slave unit to allow it to share targeting data with friendly units through a C3 network.
- BKW-9R - This is variant was introduced during the Jihad. All of the original base model's weaponry has been removed in favor of newer equipment. The new loadout includes a Heavy PPC mounted in the right arm, and a Gauss Rifle fitted in the left with 1 ton of ammunition. The 'Mech also sports a pair of 7-Tube Multi-Missile Launchers in each side torso, which are provided with 4 tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 2,144
 Related BattleMechs
- Crockett - The Black Watch BattleMech "is built around the same chassis as the SLDF's training 'Mech, the Crockett," an assault BattleMech that was both durable and jump-capable. 
- ↑ MUL online date for the Black Watch
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 133
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060, p. 210
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 177
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Technical Readout: 3060, p. 120, "Black Watch 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 178 - "Jihad era variant of the Blackwatch".
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 120