|Chassis||Geometric 530 Hard Core|
|Armor||CarbonStrand 30 Weight AS|
|Jump Jets||Geotec 300|
Introduced in 2735, the Crockett was originally designed and built as a training 'Mech with combat capability in response to needs during the Hidden Wars. Ten years after its introduction, however, SLDF commanders began to realize that Blankenburg Technologies had taken the "combat capability" requirement almost too seriously, and began to field the 'Mech on the front lines. Part of what made the Crockett successful was its then-unique use of Jump Jets. This made it the most maneuverable assault 'Mech in production, and the enemy's unfamiliarity with this design feature gave it an added advantage. It's cockpit systems, simplified for use as a trainer, allowed anyone to pilot the Crockett with only a minimal amount of familiarization training. Also factoring into its success was the Crockett''s heavy weapons load-out and additional heat sinks, though this came at the expense of armor.
The Crockett did not go without its growing pains, however. Once it was pressed into combat there was a flaw found in the cockpit's life support system that resulted in the death of three MechWarriors. The flaw was corrected in future production, with previously-issued machines recalled and refitted with the life support system upgrade. The hallmark tactic of the Crockett was to engage an enemy 'Mech at range and, before the enemy could accurately target it, jump behind them to target their weaker rear.
Due to the fact that the Crockett was originally a training 'Mech, it carries a variety of weapons. The primary weapon is a Blankenburg LB-X Autocannon/10 that can use either standard High Explosive Armor Penetrating (HEAP) ammunition or a shotgun-like cluster round. The autocannon is backed up by two Blankenburg 25 Extended Range Large Lasers for long range combat. When the Crockett closes with its enemies, it can bring its twin Holly-6 SRM-6 launchers and Dodd Small Lasers into play. All of the heat from its weapons is offset by the use of fifteen double heat sinks.
- CRK-5003-0 - The 5003-0 Crockett is a downgraded version of the 'Mech. The 'Mech retains the same overall feel of the 5003-1 but uses only technology available to the Great Houses during the Succession Wars. The ER Large Lasers have been replaced with standard models and the autocannon has been downgraded to a standard version. In addition, the double heat sinks that made the 'Mech capable of a very high rate of fire have been downgraded to single versions that can only dissipate half as much heat as those carried by the 5003-1 Crockett. BV (1.0) = 1,325, BV (2.0)= 1,704
- CRK-5003-1b - This variant replaces the LB 10-X autocannon and SRM launchers with a suite of Medium Lasers and Medium Pulse Lasers. Each arm mounts an ER Large Laser with a Medium Laser and Medium Pulse Laser mounted alongside. The head and center torso each mount a Medium Pulse Laser. For long range firepower, a Gauss Rifle with two tons of ammo is mounted in the left torso. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 2,307
- CRK-5003-3 - The 5003-3 was produced by Grumium Creations in 3062. The ammunition bins are reshuffled and a half-ton of armor is removed to make room for CASE. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0)= 1,989
- CRK-5003-4 - An upgrade of the 5003-3, the 5003-4 makes use of a C3i Computer to enable the Crockett to share targeting data with other members of its Level II. In order to free up room, a ton of autocannon ammunition has been removed and the missile launchers have been downgraded to SRM-4s. The remaining half-ton went to the addition of armor. Finally, all the lasers have been upgraded to extended range models. BV (2.0) = 1,955 Note that this variant designation is the one given in the record sheet, but the technical readout refers to it as the 5004-1.
- CRK-5005-1 - This model produced by Word of Blake uses a Light Engine for power so that it can add improved jump jets that enable it to jump up to 150 meters. The small lasers of the 5003-4 have been removed and it utilizes a small cockpit, cementing its role as a front line unit rather than a training 'Mech. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,930
- Katana - Several downgraded Crocketts were given to the Draconis Combine in preparation for the War of 3039 as part of Operation Rosebud. These 'Mechs were re-christened the Katana by the DCMS but they do retain the CRK-5003-XX model designations. Several variants have been created using the Katana name.
 Related BattleMechs
- Black Watch - The chassis of the successful, reliable Crockett was used as the basis for the Black Watch BattleMech.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 219
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 121
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 180
- ↑ Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 48
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 82
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 120
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike