Star League Defense Force Royal Divisions
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
The Star League Defense Force Royal Divisions were the elite of the original Star League Defense Force. When the SLDF was founded, it was decided that while the soldiers would come from throughout all the six member states of the Star League, troops from the Terran Hegemony would form the central core of the new defense force. 
When the SLDF was divided into six separate regions, General Shandra Noruff-Cameron, wife of First Lord Ian Cameron, decided that the core of each region's forces would be divisions from the Hegemony Armed Forces. Every member of the Royal units had to be a native to a world of the Hegemony. In addition to the Royal Divisions, Royal Regiments and Battalions would be dispersed throughout the rest of the regular army.
Officers of the Royal Guards wore ceremonial swords.
Generally the Royal Divisions were given the newest weapon technologies first, the rest of the SLDF second, and only then to the armies of the member states. During the military buildup under First Lord Jonathan Cameron this policy was re-emphasized.
The Royal Divisions included exclusive variations of many BattleMech designs as well as tanks and AeroSpace Fighters. These variants used the latest Star League technology, giving the Royal Divisions an undeniable edge in combat. Most notable among these variants was the exclusive Atlas II, released just prior to the Reunification War, which led to the Amaris Civil War.
The Amaris Civil War
The Royal troops of the SLDF were emotionally the hardest hit by Stefan Amaris' coup, knowing their families were now living under the aegis of a tyrannical despot and murderer. The Amaris Civil War would devastate the worlds of the Terran Hegemony during ten long years of fighting, with General Aleksandr Kerensky's forces emerging triumphant despite suffering heavy casualties.
- The Star League, p. 41, "Organizing the Military"
- The Star League, p. 110
- The Star League, p. 61
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 184
- The Star League, p. 85
- The Star League, p. 93