|Manufacturer||Diplan 'Mechyards of Ozawa|
|Chassis||Kell/D Endo Steel|
|Armor||Mitchell GA3 Ferro-Fibrous|
The Mongoose BattleMech was introduced in 2660 as a deep recon 'Mech and a direct competitor (and hopeful replacement) for the Locust. As the 'Mech reached SLDF units though, it was found that the Beagle Active Probe on the Mongoose gave it extremely good command and control features that endeared it to light 'Mech command lances and led to it becoming a front line unit on the battlefields of the Star League. In just eight years the Mongoose was the standard issue command 'Mech for recon lances.
The Kell/D Chassis used for the Mongoose uses Endo Steel construction techniques that, combined with an all energy weapon armament and standard engine, made the Mongoose very sturdy for its size. This allowed it to mount much more armor than other light 'Mechs, giving the Mongoose the capability to survive a direct PPC hit to the chest without suffering internal damage. The Mongoose would see a degradation in its capabilities during the Succession Wars as industrial and technological centers were destroyed, chiefly the loss of its Beagle probe, though the rediscovering of lostech would see the design upgraded.
The weaponry of the Mongoose consists of three Sorenstein Medium Lasers and one Starflash Plus Small Laser. This light laser array, while not as deadly as most pilots would prefer, is typical of light 'Mechs and makes the Mongoose a highly independent unit that does not need to rely on a supply chain of ammunition for its survival when on recon duties.
- The MON-67 is the downgraded version of the MON-66 Mongoose. The MON-67 removes the active probe and replaces the Endo Steel structure with a standard structure while the armor has been downgraded to standard plate armor. To keep the same level of protection as before, half a ton of armor has been added to the Mongoose. BV (1.0) = 612, BV (2.0) = 741
- The MON-76 is an upgrade of the Mongoose. The original electronics, weapons, engine, and cooling system have been stripped from the chassis and a complete rebuild of the 'Mech has occurred. As far as the engine, the original Nissan 200 was replaced with an ExtraLight version and includes a MASC system allowing for incredible bursts of speed. Next, the standard heat sinks originally found on the 'Mech were replaced with double strength units. The original Beagle Active Probe was replaced with a Guardian ECM Suite to allow the Mongoose to interfere in enemy electronics and, finally, the original Medium Lasers have been replaced with Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 724, BV (2.0) = 894
- Upgraded to use a Light PPC and XL Engine, the MON-86 has a top speed close to 150 km/h. It also has a Medium Laser in each arm, while the right torso has an ER Small Laser. The MON-86 keeps the head mounted Small Laser of the original Mongoose and the Beagle Probe for scout duty.. BV (2.0) = 887
 Related BattleMechs
- Beowulf - After the Word of Blake captured Terra in 3058, Comstar decided to replace their lost Mongoose BattleMechs with new Beowulf 45-ton BattleMechs. It is equipped with an XL Engine and mounts far more armor, better weapons, and is jump capable.
- Mongoose II - A Jihad-era replacement for destroyed Com Guard war materials, the 40-ton Mongoose II was designed to incorporate sophisticated sensors, electronic countermeasures, and C3 Computers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 20-21
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 188-189
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 246-247
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 107
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League), p. ??
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 155
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 15
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 125
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 68
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League), p. 58
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 59
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 134
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 39
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 60
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 59
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 88
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 72
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085