|Armor||SimplePlate Manufacturers Standard|
|Engine||Type 60 I.C.E.|
The backbone of any vehicular military unit, APCs have been carrying infantry since the days of pre-spaceflight Terra and even in the era of battle armor, continue their most mundane of roles. Armored Personnel Carriers are among the least complex and sturdiest vehicles available, produced in the thousands across human inhabited space. Since a communicator is the fanciest piece of equipment they carry, they do not require any special gear to repair.
Each of the three basic types of APCs has its own individual function on the battlefield. When compared to their Tracked or Wheeled counterparts, Hover APCs sacrifice armor protection for speed. While they are restricted to travel on flat open terrain such as deserts and snow plains, they are the vehicle of choice for any commander who wants his units to respond rapidly.
Weapons and Equipment
APCs are not fighting vehicles, for their main function is to transport infantry squads from one battle to another. The "standard" hover APC carries two Machine Guns, but these are carried usually only for defense against other infantry units.
There are many popular variants of Armored Personnel Carriers. The most popular mount more weapons, such as machine guns, at the expense of carried troops. Quite often these vehicles no longer carry troops, and are used purely for infantry support.
- Early (circa 2390) versions of the Hover APC used a half ton of Commercial Armor to provide protection. Though effective against small arms fire, the BAR 5 armor would quickly be overwhelmed by modern weapons. This is all the more deadly considering the low top speed (72 km/h) of the primitive APC. BV (2.0) = 41
- This variant trades the infantry bay for a turret with three machine guns, a full ton of ammunition, and additional armor. BV (2.0) = 114
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 15
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 14-16, "APC Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 8-9, "APC Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, pp. 12-13, "APC Profile"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 18
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 19