- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Armor||SimplePlate Manufacturers Standard|
|Engine||Type 40 I.C.E.|
|Targeting Tracking System||Various|
2x Machine Gun
The backbone of any vehicular military unit, APCs have been carrying infantry since the days of pre-spaceflight Terra and even in the era of battle armor, continue in their most mundane of roles. Armored Personnel Carriers are among the least complex and sturdiest vehicles available, produced in the thousands across human inhabited space. Since a communicator is the most advanced piece of equipment they carry, they do not require any special gear to repair.
Each of the three basic types of APCs has its own individual function on the battlefield. Wheeled APCs tend to be cheaper to build, and they carry more armor than their Tracked or Hover counterparts. The wheeled APC is used mostly in city fighting, because wheels are best-suited for roads and light cross-country movement.
Weapons and Equipment
APCs are not fighting vehicles, for their main function is to transport infantry squads from one battle to another. The "standard" wheeled APC carries two Machine Guns, but these are carried usually only for defense against other infantry units.
There are many popular variants of Armored Personnel Carriers. The most popular mount more weapons, such as machine guns, at the expense of carried troops. Quite often these vehicles no longer carry troops, and are used purely for infantry support.
- Primitive Versions
- Early (circa 2390) versions of the Wheeled APC used a ton of Commercial Armor to provide protection. Though effective against small arms fire, the BAR 6 armor would quickly be overwhelmed by modern weapons. This is all the more deadly considering the low top speed (64 km/h) of the primitive APC. BV (2.0) = 57
- MG Carrier
- This variant trades the infantry bay for a turret with four machine guns, a full ton of ammunition, and additional armor. BV (2.0) = 172
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 25
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 27
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 8-9