- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Stormvanger Assemblies Unlimited|
|Chassis||Ford CVX 21|
|Communications System||Basix 200|
The Striker was originally designed by the SLDF high command in 2571 for non-Royal SLDF units (those units originally donated by Great Houses to the SLDF). Along with the Stalker, the Striker became one of the most common 'Mechs in service. The Striker was built with the intent of being rugged and reliable, but more importantly, allowed House Lords to reserve their precious and limited numbers of assault BattleMechs for their own personal armies. In this way, the Striker may have been the show of good faith the House Lords needed to make the Star League work. In spite of the 'Mech's dependability, the Striker was marginal compared with later assault BattleMechs, and was eventually relegated to serving in militia units, with the highest concentration ending up on the rimward edge of the Terran Hegemony. After the destruction of the Stormvanger lines in 2867, fewer than 300 Strikers were known to exist.
Weapons and Equipment
The Striker is built using rugged, off-the-shelf technologies that allow it to stand up to a great deal of punishment and enable easy repair. The Striker has a top speed of 64.8 km/h that is provided by a Pitban 320 Fusion engine. For protection, the Striker carries thirteen and a half tons of armor which is an average amount of protection for a 'Mech of the Striker's size. Finally, to dissipate the heat from its arsenal, the Striker has fifteen heat sinks.
The Striker has an arsenal that is capable of engaging an enemy at a variety of ranges. The primary long-range weapons on the Striker are a HellStar PPC and a Pontiac Light Autocannon/5. These are backed up by a Defiance B3L Large Laser that is capable of engaging enemies at medium to short ranges. Finally, for close range defense, the Striker has three Hellion-b II Medium Lasers.
- The 2D variant of the Striker is a very basic upgrade of the design used by the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. The PPC has been upgraded to an ER PPC, the three Medium Lasers have been replaced with a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, and the 'Mech has had three heat sinks removed. The remaining heat sinks have been upgraded to double heat sinks. The remaining available space has been used to add two tons of armor to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,329, BV (2.0) = 1,644
- In order to make the Striker more heat-efficient, the House Steiner variant removed the Large Laser and autocannon to incorporate an Autocannon/10 with a two-ton magazine. The result is a 'Mech that has less damage potential, but easier heat management. BV (1.0) = 1,158, BV (2.0) = 1,466
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 222-223
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 138, "First built in 2550 as one of the SLDF's earliest assault BattleMechs..." must be a typo, because the Star League was founded in 2571
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 309
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 257
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 116, "the Stalker is the most famous and most common heavy assault BattleMech."
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 138
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 310
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 258
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 311
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 259
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224