- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Heat-Dissipating Armor is a derivative of the Fire-Resistant Armor used by Clan battlesuits. Created by the Capellan Confederation in 3123, it reduces the effects of fire and incendiary weapons on a BattleMech's heat exchange system while intact. Unlike some specialty armors, it is effective against most weapons, but the increased bulk of the armor (from additional insulation and modified sealants) results in less overall protection per ton.
As long as a location has 1 point of Heat Dissipating Armor remaining, the heat effects from fire, plasma weapons, flamers, Infernos, and other external sources is reduced by half (rounding down).
It is Advanced Technology when introduced, and is only available to 'Mechs. One ton of armor provides 10 points of protection. It requires six critical slots in a 'Mech. It can be mounted on OmniMechs but may not be pod mounted.
Heat-Dissipating Armor is manufactured on the following planets:
Inner Sphere Armor Types
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 242
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 243