|Engine||Magna 390 XL|
|Communications System||AR-12 Sheathed Directional Beacon|
|Jump Jets||Chevron II|
The Exterminator is a BattleMech that was designed for the most dubious, but necessary, of purposes: headhunting. The Exterminator was outfitted with a special Null Signature System, heat baffles and, in some cases, a Chameleon Light Polarization Shield. These advanced systems allowed it to easily infiltrate enemy lines. Once the Exterminator had breached the enemy's rear, its mission was to find and destroy as much of the enemy's command structure as possible. This mission profile included attacking Mobile Headquarters, field bases and command level officers. Rather than be part of the standard formation, Exterminators were attached to a regimental or higher headquarters unit, often as a fifth member of the command lance itself, before being assigned to individual units. A regiment was considered lucky to have more than one Exterminator, and it was not unusual for its parent unit to pull all assigned Exterminators and pool them for a specific mission.
It was widely believed that the Exterminator had not survived the fighting of the First Succession War as there were lances whose sole mission was to hunt down and destroy this type of 'Mech (coupled with the destruction of General Systems' primary factory on Caph in 2793). It was later revealed that the Exterminator still existed in ComStar's private army, the Com Guard. In 3007, Kallon Industries (Nanking, Capellan Confederation), looking for a replacement for their aging Wolverine, recovered blueprints for the Exterminator and immediately modified the design so that it could be built using the technology readily available. The result is a BattleMech far less effective than the original, but with significant fast-attack capabilities nonetheless. 
The weapons used by the Exterminator are not nearly as unique or high tech as the electronics on board. The primary weapons of the Exterminator are four Averell Highpoint Medium Lasers. For long range engagements, the 'Mech also carries a Deadeye-10 LRM-10 launcher. These weapons are backed up by a single Dinatech Mark III Small Laser for when engagements close to point blank range, and, for defense against missile attacks, the Exterminator has a Buzzsaw Anti-Missile System.
- EXT-4A - The 4A is what became of the Exterminator after the Succession Wars. The 'Mech was revived by Kallon Industries when they came across blueprints for the design in 3007. The resulting 'Mech resembles the Exterminator outwardly and carries an almost identical weapons load but otherwise is not the same machine. The only weapons change is the use of a Machine Gun in place of the Anti-Missile System. The speed has been reduced by about ten km/h and the 'Mech uses a standard engine. The armor is still identical to that of the original Exterminator, but unfortunately the Null Signature System could not be translated into 3025 technology. BV (1.0) = 1,067, BV (2.0) = 1,345
- EXT-4C - The -4C is the fully-equipped stealth version of the -4D, including the Null-Signature System and Chameleon Light Polarization Shield. BV (2.0) = 1,602
- EXT-4Db - This version replaces the LRM-10 and Anti-Missile System with an ER Large Laser. BV (2.0) = 1,694
- EXT-5E - The 5E is a complete upgrade of the Exterminator and its primary mission is closing with enemy units to deliver improved Narc pods. The 5E has an improved Narc Missile Beacon launcher and also has had all four of its Medium Lasers upgraded to ER Medium Lasers. The jump jets have been removed from the chassis to make room for an improved C3 computer. To make up for the lack of jumping capabilities, a MASC system has been installed, allowing for an augmented speed of up to 129.6 km/h. BV (1.0) = 1,253, BV (2.0) = 1,532
- EXT-5F - This upgrade of the 5E replaces the lasers with paired Light PPCs. The Narc launcher is replaced with an MML 7 with two tons of ammunition and an ER Small Laser. These modifications change it from a headhunter to a ranged support 'Mech. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,485
- EXT-6CS - This ComStar-produced variant carries a Light PPC in each arm, and a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers as well. An MML 7 with three tons of ammunition in a CASE II protected ammunition bay rounds out the armament. The Anti-Missile System is gone, but in its place are a Chameleon Light Polarization Shield and a Null Signature System. These systems insure that the 'Mech will be very difficult to hit.
 Notable Pilots
- Andery Kerensky, second son of General Aleksandr Kerensky and younger brother of Clan founder Nicholas Kerensky, was a noted Exterminator pilot. 
- Demi-Precentor Rudolf Shakov of the ComGuard's 244th Division notably piloted an Exterminator during the FedCom Civil War. 
- Precentor Krag Jernberg of the ComGuard's 138th Division piloted and died in an Exterminator during the Battle of Tukayyid againt Phelan Kell. 
- ↑ MUL online date for the Exterminator
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 106
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 209
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, Exterminator profile
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 208, "Produced Exterminator Components on Caph"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 150
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- ↑ Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 44
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 123
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Master Unit List: Battle Values
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 6
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 208 "EXT-4D Exterminator"
- ↑ Storms of Fate, p. ??
- ↑ Lost Destiny, p. ??
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Storms of Fate
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar