Demon (Combat Vehicle)
|Manufacturer||Leopard Armor of Terra|
|Mission||Standard Fighting Vehicle, Sniper, Ambush|
|Armor||PanzarSlab 2, CASE|
|Communications System||Teldon 19|
|Targeting Tracking System||Baltex K590|
The Demon was originally created by the SLDF as its standard fighting vehicle in 2716. A match for any light or medium BattleMech, the Demon had good maneuverability and was protected by ten tons of slab armor, most of it concentrated in its front. Due to the nature of its powerful main weapon the Demon was often used in ambush attacks and fought in pairs instead of the usual four-vehicle lance. The vehicle's main disadvantage was its lack of speed, which made it vulnerable to faster 'Mechs and other vehicles able to maneuver around and engage its weaker rear armor.
After the dissolution the Star League, the vehicle fell from production and the design became lost in the Succession Wars. Comstar would eventually reopen the Demon factory on Terra and produce it in numbers for use by the Com Guard. The vehicle would later see service with the Word of Blake's Militia after planet's capture in 3058.
 Weapons and Equipment
The main weapon is the turret mounted M-7 Gauss Rifle with two tons of ammunition, stored in the main body's ammunition bin with CASE protection. The vehicle also mounts two Intek Medium Lasers, with a single laser mounted on the left and right arches, and a Harpoon six tube Short Range Missile launcher with two tons of CASE-protected ammunition.
- (Word of Blake variant): First spotted in 3069, this Demon tank trades the turreted Gauss Rifle for a forward mounted Heavy Gauss Rifle with two tons of ammunition. The lasers are upgraded to Extended Range and the missile launcher is traded for a Streak version. The vehicle is also equipped with a Targeting Computer, C3i system, and fitted with an Extra-Light Fusion Engine to allow it to carry the HGR. The standard armor has also been replaced with Ferro-Fibrous Armor. BV (2.0) = 1,314
- Horned Demon
- (Star League variant): This variant replaces the short range missile launcher and CASE for a pair of forward-firing Medium Lasers and two extra heat sinks. Side firing Medium Lasers are fitted in the forward arch. However, this leaves the vehicles' other flanks unarmed, with the exception of the turret mounted Gauss Rifle. It should be noted that it was rarely deployed except in defensive positions. BV (2.0) = 1,179
- (Star League variant): Also known as the Demon PPC variant, this vehicle was created to make a supply-independent version of the tank. The vehicle trades all of its weapons for two Particle Projector Cannons. This variant was better than the original, but was not well favored, and thus relegated to the Hegemony's militia. BV (2.0) = 836
- Created for the SLDF Royal units, this version uses a 280XL engine to increase its maximum speed. Three Streak SRM-2 launchers replace the standard SRM-6 and it carries Medium Pulse Lasers in place of the standard versions. To increase protection, the turret gains a half ton of armor. BV (2.0)= 1,333
- Demon CX-2
- This ComStar based variant carries an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and five tons of ammunition. A Medium Laser is mounted on each side in a Sponson Turret. For covering the rear, the CX-2 carries four Mine Dispensers on the rear hull. This refit is thought to be a prototype, as the Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle is carried in a fixed forward mounting, leaving the turret empty. The main turret of the original Demon was left in place.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Demon (Combat Vehicle)
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 106
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 170-171, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 196
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 106-107, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 210-211, "Demon Combat Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 197
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 198
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 199
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 146
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 11
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 10
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar