Demon Medium Tank
|Demon Medium Tank|
|Manufacturer|| Leopard Armor |
|Mission||Urban Combat, Anti-Battle Armor, Civil Defense, anti-infantry|
|Armor||Leopard II Armor (Ferro-Fibrous armor)|
|Speed||110 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Exeter LongScan|
The tank was created by the Republic of the Sphere and was based on the old SLDF Demon Combat Vehicle to give the crews a sense of history and esprit de corps. The new version of the Demon has twice the speed of the original and is fifteen tons lighter. Originally the vehicle was designed for urban combat, with anti-battle armor and anti-infantry roles in mind.
After the HPG Blackout in 3132, fighting within Republic of the Sphere broke out. Many of these vehicles found themselves in hands of these militia factions whom appeared just after blackout. The vehicle was noted for its maneuverability and being able to out pace units while in city.
- Brigadier Corporation - Produced on Oliver by the Brigadier Corporation this variant of the Demon Medium Tank had a completely different weapons load. Focusing purely on the anti-infantry and anti-battlesuit role, Brigadier's Demon was equipped with a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, a pair of Vehicle Flamers, and a pair of Machine Guns. Each of these weapons was particularly devastating to the Word of Blake forces that faced them, but were eventually replaced. BV (2.0) = 454
- Rifle carrier - This variant of the Demon was designed to provide additional fire support. Instead of missiles or autocannon however, it uses a single Medium Rifle with two tons of ammunition. Though not particularly effective against modern armor, the rifle is more than adequate to smash enemy infantry formations. It also adds an extra half-ton of armor. BV (2.0) = 386
Demon Medium Tank background fiction can only be found on defunct Wizkids Mechwarrior Dark Age website. Though no year of introduction is given, however the M1 Markman's background information that appeared in first publication of Mechwarrior Dark Age novel Ghost War mentions the vehicle was introduced same time as M1. The M1 was introduced in 3083.
 Tank Gallery
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 23
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 23
- ↑ Ghost War, p. 158
- ↑ Swordsworn Sgt. Alec Denner's Dosser - Commentary: Fighting on Addicks's Saint Randall showed Demon Medium Tank's ablity to outrun capital city's defenders.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 25
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 24
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 24