Demon Medium Tank
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Demon Medium Tank|
|Manufacturer|| Leopard Armor |
|Mission|| Urban Combat |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||Leopard II Armor (Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Exeter LongScan|
|Targeting Tracking System||Standard TargetTrack|
The Demon medium tank was created by the Republic of the Sphere and was based on the old SLDF Demon Combat Vehicle to give the crews a sense of history and esprit de corps. The new version of the Demon has twice the speed of the original and is fifteen tons lighter. Originally the vehicle was designed for urban combat, with anti-battle armor and anti-infantry roles in mind.
After the HPG Blackout in 3132, fighting within Republic of the Sphere broke out. Many of these vehicles found themselves in hands of these militia factions whom appeared just after blackout. The vehicle was noted for its maneuverability and being able to out pace units while in a city.
Weapons and Equipment
The tank is armed with two Medium Pulse Lasers in the turret, while a pair of Light Machine Guns and Vehicle Flamers covers the front arc. A half ton of ammunition is provided for the light machine guns, while the two vehicle flamers get a ton of ammo.
- Brigadier Corporation
- Produced on Oliver by the Brigadier Corporation this variant of the Demon Medium Tank had a completely different weapons load. Focusing purely on the anti-infantry and anti-battlesuit role, Brigadier's Demon was equipped with a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, a pair of Vehicle Flamers, and a pair of Machine Guns. Each of these weapons was particularly devastating to the Word of Blake forces that faced them, but were eventually replaced. BV (2.0) = 454
- Rifle carrier
- This variant introduced in 3084 of the Demon was designed to provide additional fire support. Instead of missiles or autocannon however, it uses a single Medium Rifle with two tons of ammunition. Though not particularly effective against modern armor, the rifle is more than adequate to smash enemy infantry formations. It also adds an extra half-ton of armor. BV (2.0) = 386
- Armor upgrade
- This variant introduced in 3100 of the Demon replaces the Medium Pulse Lasers with ER Medium Lasers, and drops the Flamers and Light Machine Guns, replacing them with a quartet of regular Machine Guns. The weight freed by this weapon redesign is devoted to extra armor. BV (2.0) = 636
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 24-25, "Demon Medium Tank"
- MUL online date for the Demon Medium Tank
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 23
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 23
- Ghost War, p. 158
- Swordsworn Sgt. Alec Denner's Dosser - Commentary: Fighting on Addicks's Saint Randall showed Demon Medium Tank's ablity to outrun capital city's defenders.
- MUL online data for the Demon Medium Tank (Rifle) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 24
- MUL online data for the Demon Medium Tank (Armor) variant
- Technical Readout: 3145, p. 209, "New Tech New Upgrades - Vehicles"
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 45